Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

2. Thanks karenlatlas, Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes Estee, Schers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ada, I just took the Craftsy class called Curvy Crochet to learn how to make figure flattering plus size tops of all kinds. I printed this pattern you posted and about 15 other pattern this past week, some summer, some spring/fall, I don't really need winter tops and darn they take a lot of yarn, and I'm going to be needing & using fingering, sport/baby, DK wight yarns mostly for them to keep extra bulk down and to have nice drape and ease of movement. sounds like I learned some things, doesn't it?! Well, I did, but not as much as I'd like to have yet.

Now I have to put this all into action and keep at it until they look good one me and I've learned arm holes, necklines, various sleeves, and to be able to calculate to make any pattern I like fit me, not just an XL, but small or medium if I really like it. It has been totally consuming but this is what I wanted and I'm really liking it. I got really frustrated at one point and thought I wasn't going to ever learn to do this, but I realized it wasn't me, but perhaps some things missing from the class that I needed. I need lots of details usually, and if I have them, I can run with it... if not, I'm stuck.

I'm not going to put the class down as we learned a lot of things, but some important things I needed weren't in it so I have ten library books here right now, and would love to own about 7 of them! I've also been practicing gauge swatching, which I've never had to do when things didn't have to fit well, like scarves or shawls. Practice makes perfect so I"m going to practice. This is a good top for beginners in garments. I I had the yarn already, I think I'd make a new wardrobe! Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    pretty
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear, you are very welcome! I'm going to make this top but with different colors - I think to use a shades of one color ( purple or blue) starting from the darkest at the bottom and lighter shades crocheting to the top... Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    We need both luck Dear as I'm not so good in crocheting garments, but will try for the winter. I love to read your very interesting postings, you are a very skillful writer! Hugs! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaBusyBee View Post
    We need both luck Dear as I'm not so good in crocheting garments, but will try for the winter. I love to read your very interesting postings, you are a very skillful writer! Hugs! Ada.
    Well thank you so much for that very nice compliment Ada! Good luck to both of us! I have a ton of summer tops, sleeveless and slightly fluttery short sleeves, all kinds, printed out & ready to go.... I just have to get me some light weight yarn since I won't probably even use worsted weight on any garments for me. Cotton/bamboo blend, fingering, baby/sport/ DK, 2 ply, and maybe 3 ply I hope. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally I bought camera to take picture of my lately crocheting... will post.