Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to feel?

Post Thanks / Like

How to feel?

My brother-in -law (Gary) is diabetic , has heart problems, kidney problems, just recently was in the hospital for pneumonia. He has ALS. He's in the hospital again now because of fluid around his heart and fluid in his legs. He's a big guy. How do you pray for someone who doesn't take care of himself? The Bible says to do unto others as you would have them do to you. My husband says: "Why doesn't the Lord just take him?" When my brother-in-law dies, my sister (Ruth, Gary's wife) might be healthier. It wasn't that long ago that my sister was in the hospital for cutting herself. When they were both in the hospital their daughter had a cyst in her butt and she had surgery for it and her brother had to change the gauze.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean, I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law and sister. I will pray that the Lord will put on his heart to change his lifestyle. I believe that things happen for a reason and we never know why. All my illnesses are inherited. I found out that quite a few people in my family have had the same things. Sometimes no matter what we do it still happens. We just need to trust God because He knows everything. I believe I am going through all I am going through to strengthen me, to be a witness to others, and to draw closer to Him. I don't know your brother in law so I really can't say why he is going through all this but God knows. Prayers are with you and your family and I pray God will help him to change and will heal him of all that he has. If you ever want to talk just pm me. I am here for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sonnetta!

Post Thanks / Like
    I see there is also a lady from our church (Joyce) who also has fluid around her heart and fluid in her legs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Sonnetta we live in a fallen world. When sin came into the world so did illness and death. The only thing that has kept me sane is faith in God--He may not take it away but He helps you through it. Yes, I have gotten mad at God. You need to have time with God and learn to trust Him and get to know Him and ask Him to help you know Him. It is not overnight that this happens --it takes time to develop a relationship. I too wondered why some were healed but not my daughter--taken home at 21. Why did my husband get lung cancer--but that I had an answer for it was from someone else's selfishness--second hand smoke --other things I have went through. Now I understand that the chronic pain I had helped me to have sympathy for others. When I went through depression --I really understood that your mind could do a number on you. Some I born with weaker bodies. The devil also brings things on us --especially if he can use it to stop others from going to God. If we let God --He can make us stronger if we let it--or it can make us bitter and we turn away from God. IN this world it is a hard road. But God will help us if we let Him. I am not saying it will be an easy road but it is alot harder with out Him. Heaven awaits for all who invite Him in.