Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

Split Treble Crochet

Has anyone made the Birthday Wishes Afghan from Vanna's Favorite Gift Afghan Book? I am not real sure about the Split Treble stitch. I searched for it but could not find exactly what I was looking for. I did find a site where someone else had asked about the same thing for the same pattern. But, they did not give enough info for the person to help them. It's a Mile A Minute Afghan. So much for the minute!! LOL I'm usually pretty good at this but I guess I'm second guessing myself on this. Too many worries on my mind I guess. I understand the stitch but the way it's used in this pattern is confusing to me right now.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like

split treble

have you watched this one?
    hope it helps

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an interesting technique. I wonder how often it is used and in what kind of pattern. I don't believe I have ever seen it used and I have been crocheting for more than 55 years. Must be in some of the newer patterns/designs.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

4. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did see this video but it is totally different from the pattern I have. The row before the stitch has FP DC. The split treble goes around the FPdc keep the last two loops on hook then do another split treble around the next FPdc. Then draw through all three loops on hook. It was doing the stitches behind the split I was messing up on. I think I have it figured out now. The two dc in next two stitches is only for the curve around the ends. Thank you for posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great, hope to see the finished item in pictures

7. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will take a picture when I'm done. It is an afghan in Red & Black firs lady I work with. Of course, the split is in the Black! Harder to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course

10. Likes Dustygirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a 'split sc'

12. Thanks Dustygirl thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean. I am using the Split Treble stitch. I got it figured out and starting to get my strips done. It starts with a row of DC clusters, then 5 DC in stitch between the clusters. The next row is 4 DC, a FP DC' repeat. The last row is the split treble. It make a nice decorative edge. The FP dc is the posts you use for the splits with dc's behind the split. I can be stubborn & knew I would finally get it right! LOL
    I did switch my colors around and put the red on the outside row instead of the black. It looks much better. I thought the black was just too dark for what I wanted.