Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

what I bought at the store

About a week or two ago my husband and I went to farmers market and got some preserves. Well, I ate that up and got a 32 oz.jam from meijers a few days ago and some crackers. Well the jar of jam is over 1/2 gone. I used to always eat Saltines but they're pretty salty so I got some Saltines that say 'unsalted tops' on the box. It still has salt in it but not as much.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just telling my daughter yesterday that I thought my margarine was much saltier than it used to be. I have used Land o'Lakes for a lot of years for my baking, but I may have to make a change since I feel the salt is so dominant and affects the taste of my sugar cookies. I've seen those Saltines that have the unsalted tops. Perfect for those who have to watch their salt intake.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have to watch my salt intake as far as I know but stuff seems a bit saltier now. I like tomato juice and we had 4 large cans of it and a few weeks ago I brought up one can and opened it and had some and some a bit later and it didn't take long to be gone and it was salty but I still opened 2 more cans of tomato juice. We have one more can of tomato juice downstairs and the last time I wanted it I remembered how salty it was and didn't open it. The can is still downstairs. Don't get me wrong. I like salt but I hear that a lot of salt isn't good for you the older you get.

I usually use Imperial for baking but I have used real butter or Crisco. I might've used Land o Lakes before - I don't remember.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to swell around my ankles and feet when I consume too much salt...This started a couple of years ago...I agree with your comment abt not bring able to consume as much salt as we grow older...

Post Thanks / Like
    The jam has a lot of sugar.