Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

crocheting bags - different materials

Hi everyone... Im Robyn from Western Australia... just wondering if anyone knows what the english name is for this yarn please? I'm thinking it is some sort of nylon ribbon? Fettuccia - Knit and Love and if you know the name of it, where I can get it from that sells in English. Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! I have never seen this type of yarn before. There may be someone who has, so be patient. Thanks for joining us!

crocheting bags - different materials-welcome-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara thanks for the welcome... fingers crossed 😊

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi it does look like some kind of stretchy ribbon. Never saw it before. I just made a bag --with the crochet cotton you make washcloths with and used nylon thread with it. I like it and I lined it with material and sewed seams in material for pockets. It is light weight and holds all my things. Only thing is I hope if it starts getting dirty I can wash it. Peaches and creme (varigated blue) Iris 100% nylon cord (demin blue) held both threads together. Big square --with a flap on top and handles just out of the nylon cord. Made an open circle and crocheted around it for a loop at end of flap--Sewed a big button on purse to fit through loop. Sewed handles on just made out of cord and I put a button on each handle sewed to purse. I think I will try to make one just out of nylon cord a smaller one. And one made with granny squares. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us