Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

question on pattern

Hi, I'm on rnd. 4. I did the sl st, ch 3, and I worked 6 dc into the same sp. Now it says to sc into next ch sp. I have 2 dc sts before my next ch sp. do I just go into the ch sp and skip the dc sts? Here's the pattern:

MoCrochet: More V's Please - 12" Square I thought I'd stop once I get it to 6 inches.

Jean Marie♥ thanks for any help you can give.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just looking at the pattern and it looks like I just crochet in the spaces. I have to get to bed now. Have to work on it another day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean, the sc goes in the sc between the shells (2 DC, 2 sc, 2 DC ) then the 7 DC in ch 2 of shell. Hope that helps
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    question on pattern-image-jpg yep. Just skip right over those two dc, and sc in the ch1 space.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'll let you know if I have more questions on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had just finished a baby outfit & had yarn & hook sitting here. I made the square in Baby Ombre. It came out cute! It's not 12" due to the baby yarn but I like it! Thanks! Hope yours comes out good.

Katie
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a beautiful pattern, Jean Marie! Are you planning on making enough squares for a blanket? It would be beautiful!

Shelley

8. Likes Jpdysart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    It's a beautiful pattern, Jean Marie! Are you planning on making enough squares for a blanket? It would be beautiful!

Shelley
    Hi Shelley,
    No, I'm going to make it a 6 inch square for the square exchange. This month (June) is the last month I'm going to be in the square exchange for a while. I already sent out my squares for this month. I put some more of the squares together that I have received (which will be an afghan or lap blanket - not sure how big it'll be) and I'm making 6 inch squares and putting my name on it for when I'm in the square exchange again. We have the garden coming up and it will be busy.

I did 7 rounds on the pattern. When I started rnd 7 it wasn't on a corner. I went all the way around on rnd 7 back to the ch 3 at the beginning of the rnd. I counted the ch 3 as a dc so I didn't do one of the dc's so it would come out to 20 sts. on the side. After 7 rnds., the square measures 5 1/2 inches. Round 8 says to do dc which is 1/2 an inch. (dc is 1/2 an inch). So if I do sc instead, which is a 1/4 of an inch, I will have a 1/4 of an inch on each side, which will be a 1/2 inch (1/4 + 1/4 = 1/2) (I'm not good at adding fractions but I know that). So I will then have a 6 inch square. What do you think? Is it o.k. to take a pattern and not do the whole pattern but then add a row/rnd of your own?
    Jean Marie

ps. On one of the squares I received I added a sc row but it is now my square.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-21-2015 at 04:46 PM.

10. Likes Jpdysart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Jean Marie, it's okay! Post a photo of your square. I'd love to see it.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the fun thing about crafting, you can adjust anything to suit your own purposes and creativity! I regularly use parts of one pattern in conjunction with parts of other patterns when I can't find exactly what I need.
    I'm making one of these squares for my 12" square swap, it's super pretty, thanks for finding it!