Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For Sonnetta!!!

Post Thanks / Like

For Sonnetta!!!

I'm so sorry Barbara, I don't know how I got two posts, one timed out and I didn't realize one was still here, can you please delete? Thx!!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 06-17-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SusansSoulShines;169702]Hi, here are some videos about the duct tape form you asked about. The 1st 2 are from my class, but the others are pretty good to watch to get ideas! Measure the completed form to make sure it matches your body's measurements for bust, shoulder to armpit, waist, high hip, etc. etc. etc! At lest make noted for parts that don't match up perfectly, but this doesn't help you make clothes! In the class there is a calculation sheet for every body part, like sleeves, shoulder to armpits, shoulder to waist, well, there are 11 pages of this plus full body measurements too. Making clothing isn't easy at first but it does get easier as you go. Go to Craftsy here to look around if you'd like, take some free classes! http://shrsl.com/?~8iop

Hope these help, susan

This one looks good using a garbage bag and tape, you'd cut it up the back too I guess.... there might be part 2 to this video, just look around.

Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 06-17-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much Susan. It is a great help. I think I will try it and start making my own clothes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    thank you so much Susan. It is a great help. I think I will try it and start making my own clothes
    You're welcome. All I'm learning is so time consuming, and much more in depth than I ever dreamed, but I'm going to learn this! I honestly don't know how you'll measure your body to make clothing fit without the calculations for converting a pattern to your own body size, because most patterns are just guessing at sizes other than the ones they make their piece in. If it says small, they give you suggestions for large and xl - but they've never actually made it in those sizes! I'd say that finding a pattern actually made in your exact size incl bust, is the best bet. Lion Brand, Red Heart and Drops all have lots of info on clothing so I'd say read up a lot then pick an easy summer pattern, get some one to measure important body parts and check your piece of crochet by holding it up and trying it on while you go, then you can change as you go instead of after so you won't have to frog much. Remember to use finer weight yarn since it helps you look smaller - not saying you're big, I've never seen you, but I will never make clothing of any kind with chunky weight yarn!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the advice Susan I really, greatly appreciate it. I will do a lot of investigating before doing any pattern that would fit me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    I'm so sorry Barbara, I don't know how I got two posts, one timed out and I didn't realize one was still here, can you please delete? Thx!!
    Since you posted different pictures of the weave you were sharing and there are already comments on both threads, we can leave them both.

Post Thanks / Like

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Since you posted different pictures of the weave you were sharing and there are already comments on both threads, we can leave them both.

The post with the pics had actually posted 2X, so I deleted them and asked you to delete it, then I got to thinking she'll wonder, delete what?! Have a nice day!