Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Busy Hands

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Busy Hands

I have been actively crocheting for 15 years. I learned to crochet as a child from my Mother who did all kinds of needle crafts. She taught my sister and I to knit as well. Sometimes I knit but my love is crocheting. I'm the Blanket Maker in the family. I've made blankets for my children, friends, all my nephews and nieces and great nephews and nieces, my siblings, cousins and now one of their babies and several as wedding gifts for friends. My most recent ones were made for new babies being born to our church members. I heard about patches for children with cancer and have made several of those as well. I'm currently working on a rug for my kitchen and a shawl for our shawl ministry. I have been playing around with doll clothes for a great niece which is fun because they work up so fast. I should mention that I am retired so I have lots of time to crochet. I've been interested in making jewelry lately and have crocheted a necklace. Well, that's a little about me.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. You are a real busy bee. Making items for other is a such a wonderful thing!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to crochet talk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to CT. Sounds like you do have "Busy Hands", that is an appropriate name. Would love to see some of your work one day.
    xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us! Enjoy your stay among crochet friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and as a former reply said you do sound busy, and I can'tell wait to see some of your beautiful blankets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschexsan View Post
    Hi and as a former reply said you do sound busy, and I can'tell wait to see some of your beautiful blankets.
    Welcome to you too Misschexan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. I also do alot of crafting. I love making barbie clothes and toys among other things. I also do other crafts. I do beaded jewelry, plastic canvas, painting, doll houses,embroidery, floral, sewing, ornaments, among other things. I am disabled and sure helps to keep my mind off of things and helps me from getting depressed. I love making things.