Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Baby blanket

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Baby blanket

Hey, I call myself redrider. First time commenting, greetings to everyone. Just started baby blanket in crochet, working each row different colour. My question: should previous colour be carried over when changing to new one, or should each row be finished and cut, then picked up again when needed? There are five colours altogether. Pattern is quite easy to follow but no mention of this. Thanks, hope to be back soon.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here as a member! Make yourself at home and please let us know if you have need anything!

On your question, some people do it both ways. Many like to weave the ends in while adding the new color. Others will be along soon to greet you and add their comments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Seems to be a general consensus in favour of doing what suits the crocheter, ie. no right or wrong way. Appreciate the quick response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi redrider,
    At the end of the row make your stitch w/the same color yarn that you've been using except put the new color through the last 2 stitches of the old yarn.

example:for dc - go through 2 w/the old yarn and 2 w/the new yarn
    for sc - go through the 2 w/the new yarn

you're going through the last 2 stitches w/the new yarn when changing color.

That's how I do it anyway.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Jean Marie, I already use that method when changing colour. I am working horizontal stripes in different colours and was wondering whether to carry the yarn as I work or if I should cut and then weave in ends with each colour change. So far, I've learned this is a matter of preference rather than a set rule either way. I appreciate your response, though. Many thanks.
    Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome redrider, I will leave a link for video or tutorials for you, try them?? Good Luck

Changing Colors in Crochet: Helpful Tips and Tricks

https://www.google.com/search?q=croc..._AUoAw&dpr=1.5
    Last edited by Susan2014; 06-05-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan 2014, thank you for this, will check out your suggestion and let you know how I make out. Appreciate your taking the time to pass this along.
    Cheers,
    Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello redrider and welcome from Alabama! When I change colors, I always crochet over the ends as I go. Then I don't end up with a ton of tails to sew in. For the end tails, I use a tapestry needle and sew them in so they won't come undone. And I always tie the ends in a knot before I crochet over them. I make a lot of afghans and toss them in the washer and dryer. I've never had the tails come undone. It makes the piece very stable.

Hope this helps!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    This is extremely helpful, Shelley. Many thanks.
    Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixieglitter. I just wanted to let you know my husband goes on Tuesday for 2 more Kidney stones they will need to be blasted like the other 3 was. I do myends the same way you do and they never come out