Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile New to Crochet Talk

I have been crocheting since one of my students taught me to crochet right-handed (I am a leftie) when I was teaching Home EC at high school level in 1969.
    I make baby blankets mostly and since retiring the end of Oct 2011 I have made 15+ blankets. I have given them as gifts and also to hospital NICU's for newborn baby use. I have a lot of yarn and today decided to try to make matching booties.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lili,

Hello and welcome! It is always nice to hear about members who make crocheted items and donate them! Enjoy the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lili. I am Larisa. I male only doilies and give to friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.
    So many people on here willing to help.
    I'm Joann in Ohio

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Lili! Glad you decided to join us! I admire the people that make things and then donate them! Right now I'm trying to make a bit of money, so I sell most of my items! Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I did get one bootie made last night and it turned out well. Usually I use Bernat baby yarn which is very soft and washable. I also saw the idea for making baby wash clothes and enclosing a bar of soap for gifts and may try that. To maryjane, I would also like to perhaps see if I could sell a blanket or two. I tried a buy/swap/trade site locally but they did not want new items and did not like promoting yourself. I know my daughter-in-law uses Etsy all the time to get things for her kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lili! I sell my things a Craft Fairs! I have looked into etsy but I haven't tried it yet! Do you have any stores nearby that sell handmade items? Maybe you could sell a few things that way! Maybe other people will have some ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane: I am pretty new at having time to spend just creating so wanted to get a few things done up first. I also had gotten some information on making prayer shawls through a church in Kansas City for people who are sick and/or dying but I have not started any yet.