Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New - Hello.

Post Thanks / Like

New - Hello.

Hi.
    I am the second born of twins.
    Our mother died from illness when my twin and I were 33 years old and our sister was 36.
    After missing my mom terribly that first year, I remembered her with great difficulty trying to teach me to crochet.
    As a young girl I had no patience and never progressed further than a chain.
    To honor my mom, that first lonely Christmas, the next day I bought a "How to Crochet" book, yarn and crochet hook. For a week I practiced stitches and squares, and by the following Christmas, had made twenty-twp large round shawls for the females in my family.
    Since then, I have no clue how many afghans, baby blankets, scarves, pot-holders, etc, have come off my crochet hook. One year, Mama's two oldest sisters were in nursing homes, so using worsted weight yarn, a K hook, and a pattern for a baby sacque, was able to make each of them bed jackets. They really enjoyed them. Mama has now celebrated 39 Christmases in Heaven.
    sectwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet is addictive, calming, keeps the brain working, keeps arthritic hands moving, and more... Your mom would be proud. Welcome to the forum.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I'm sure she would, Harrietta. Much pleasure is gained thru crocheting gifts or fund raiser items while helping aging fingers remain nimble. This crochet fanatic would know. Glad to be aboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the crochet forums! I think it is wonderful you have started crocheting in honor of your mom. Glad to have you here!