Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Bedtime prayer, just for fun.

I am looking for other ones. When a child we were taught a prayer to say each night when we went to bed.
    Mine was - "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take." Then of course, go on with God bless (family, etc.) and whatever you wanted to say to him. Do you have one that is different?
    Did they change with the times or the location (countries, parts of the world)?

Post Thanks / Like
    This was on the back of the Fischer Price bluebire. I taught this to my children. When at night I go to sleep Fourteen angels watch do keep. Two to whom tis to guide my steps to Heaven. I too said Now I lay me down to sleep. It was really cute hearing the kids try to say two to whom tis given

Post Thanks / Like
    It is wonderful to teach your children to pray!! I pray to a personal Father in Heaven who knows me personally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna --This prayer was just to start them out. I taught them to make the prayer personal too. I taught them that prayer is talking to God. Thanking Him--telling Him they were sorry for their sins and talking over their wants and needs--their lives--etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie Ann View Post
    Donna --This prayer was just to start them out. I taught them to make the prayer personal too. I taught them that prayer is talking to God. Thanking Him--telling Him they were sorry for their sins and talking over their wants and needs--their lives--etc.
    that is wonderful! This is what we tried to do with our children also.