Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Home from the hospital

Good day everyone. I just got home today from the hospital. I got bit by a spider on my arm and it got very infected so I had to go to er on Sunday evening and they admitted me so I could get antibiotics through iv. However, it was not getting any better so yesterday morning I had to have surgery on my arm so that it would drain. It is looking a little better but is still draining and hurts alot. My arm was red clear to the elbow. Please pray for me that it will continue to heal and not get infected again. God bless you all

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear you got bitten. Any thing that bits can leave behind toxins (whatever you want to call them). Keep a close eye on it especially if the redness seems to spread. I know a few people who have had problems similar but a different cause. One got an infected hair follicle, on got a small cut from a pedicure, on fell and scraped his leg. It doesn't seem to take much but it sure takes a lot to get rid if it. I hope you get better soon♥
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Lord please heal Sonnetta's spider bite and stop the pain. Thank you,Lord. Feel better soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you got bitten. Any thing that bits can leave behind toxins (whatever you want to call them). Keep a close eye on it especially if the redness seems to spread. I know a few people who have had problems similar but a different cause. One got an infected hair follicle, on got a small cut from a pedicure, on fell and scraped his leg. It doesn't seem to take much but it sure takes a lot to get rid if it. I hope you get better soon♥
    I had surgery to get all the toxins out. They opened up the bite with a scalpel then they drained it out and then washed it out with peroxide and other medicines that kill the infection. My arm is no longer red except where they did the incision. They put packing in the wound and kept it open to drain out. I just have to keep it wrapped and they gave me two different antibiotics to take so that it don't get infected again. I have to take them till they are gone but I am going to keep an eye on it also. Thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate it. My diabetes also makes it hard to get rid of any infections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sonnetta, so very sorry to hear about this spider bite! do you know what kind of spider it was? Hoping it wasn't a brown recluse spider, they are awful to deal with. I'm adding your name to my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Dear Sonnetta, so very sorry to hear about this spider bite! do you know what kind of spider it was? Hoping it wasn't a brown recluse spider, they are awful to deal with. I'm adding your name to my prayers.
    hello Donna. Thank you for your prayers. We are not sure what kind of spider bit me. I know most of my hurt before they did the surgery and got the infection out. I was running a fever of 101. then last night i just had a low grade fever of 99.8. Today it is back to normal.

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been bitten by a spider on my chest in 5 different places while I was asleep. Brown recluse spiders are the worst. Now I am seeing a mutated black spider with short feet in front---bug spray just makes them dizzy. I am at the doctor's office just as soon as I realize something is not right with me; I don't put it off. I believe that's what saved me with the 5 spider bites. I ended up going to a Christmas party with a large green band aide on my chest that matched my gown. Everybody could see that green band aide because my dress was low cut. I just refused to let that spider steal my joy. I do pray that you get better real soon.
    ---HarriEtta

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta You are an amazing gal and smart one. Dont put your Life on hold?? Go to DRS. Good girl xoxox Hugs

Hope you feel better and sounds you will be. Prayers for Extra Help. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, I said a prayer for you this morning. May you experience peace and a speedy recovery.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!