Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

something I weaved

You can do this too. Take a piece of cardboard and put notches in it on 2 of the opposite sides (example: top and bottom) Put the same amount of notches on both sides. Wrap your string around the cardboard, wrapping the string in the notches as you wrap the string around the cardboard. Next, take a thin cardboard or paper and punch a hole in it with a punch hole maker. Thread and tie yarn through the punch hole. This is your needle. Now weave the needle you made through the string on the cardboard. You can change colors if you want to. When finished, cut and tie the string. Tie 2 pieces of string together.

something I weaved-yarn-004-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    a whole lot of work!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it wasn't a lot of work and it wasn't hard but I wasn't really into doing it. I went to 'culture works' with the people from the community center and they showed us how to weave on a piece of cardboard. We didn't have to make our own needle. They already had something w/a punch hole in it that we could tie the yarn through the punch hole and use that for the needle but we didn't have to use that; we could use our fingers instead of the needle if we wanted to.

If this interests you, you can do this to. Just get a piece of cardboard - a small square or rectangle, put notches in it - the same amount of notches on the top and bottom of the cardboard. example - 16 notches on the top of cardboard and 16 notches on the bottom of cardboard. Next, wrap string around/through notches on cardboard. When finished wrapping string, tie string on back of cardboard. Then weave any color of yarn through the string on the cardboard. You can use more than one color. If weaving interests you then you would probably enjoy this but I wasn't interested in it.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the instructions.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    your welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    It s interesting
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן