Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful News!!!

Hello everyone! Our Granddaughter called us Monday evening and told us we are going to be GREAT GRANDPARENTS in November!!! We are thrilled for her and her hubby. Not sure how I feel about being a Great Granny yet!! LOL!! Just kidding ... We're so very happy about it and pray for a healthy baby. This is their first. I guess I'd better get busy and start crocheting baby things!!

Just wanted to share the happy news with all of you.

~~ Hugs, Granny Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

2. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations in order. All of my friends are grandparents. I'm still waiting...
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crochetdiva! Your turn will come. Keep the faith!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

5. Likes crochetdiva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! This is wonderful, happy news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Poinciana! We're excited!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    so what will you make for this beloved great grandchild? I made a blessing afghan for 3 of my son's who aren't married, do you think that will help them to get to the altar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    so what will you make for this beloved great grandchild? I made a blessing afghan for 3 of my son's who aren't married, do you think that will help them to get to the altar?
    Hi Donna,
    I plan on making a white filet teddy bear afghan for starters, (made by Grandma Baehr). I will probably make other things also, when I find out if it is a girl or a boy. I'm making it white so my granddaughter can use it for all of her children. I want to make the same afghan for each of our 12 grandchildren for their babies.

I do pray the blessing afghans you made your sons helps them get to the altar! Keep the faith, my friend. It will happen in due time. I'm still praying for my son (who is 44) will find the right lady to marry. He has been divorced for about 9 years. I'd love to see him happily married before I leave this Earth! LOL! (I'm not planning on doing that any time soon though!) I guess I need to 'keep the faith' too!

~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jo, I'm thrilled for you.... you great-granny you LOL! I've seen the pattern for the teddy bears filet baby blanket and it's so cute. And I remember the adorable yellow filet ducks baby blanket you made. You need to get busy! A new baby is so exciting.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Donna,
    I plan on making a white filet teddy bear afghan for starters, (made by Grandma Baehr). I will probably make other things also, when I find out if it is a girl or a boy. I'm making it white so my granddaughter can use it for all of her children. I want to make the same afghan for each of our 12 grandchildren for their babies.

I do pray the blessing afghans you made your sons helps them get to the altar! Keep the faith, my friend. It will happen in due time. I'm still praying for my son (who is 44) will find the right lady to marry. He has been divorced for about 9 years. I'd love to see him happily married before I leave this Earth! LOL! (I'm not planning on doing that any time soon though!) I guess I need to 'keep the faith' too!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    My oldest son is 42 and been divorced for longer than 10 years. Thanks for sharing your situation, I feel sometimes I'm the only one with this anguish. I've given up thinking that he will get married. Your statement to keep the faith is very kind and I truly try to do exactly what you have suggested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Oh Jo, I'm thrilled for you.... you great-granny you LOL! I've seen the pattern for the teddy bears filet baby blanket and it's so cute. And I remember the adorable yellow filet ducks baby blanket you made. You need to get busy! A new baby is so exciting.

Shelley
    Hi Shelley,
    Thanks you for your sweet remarks and also for remembering the filet duck blanket I made! Yes, I need to get busy! Need to go buy the yarn soon. Hobby Lobby has "I Love This Yarn" on sale and that is what I want to use. I made the duck blanket with it and it was so soft and washes well. I can't wait to get started on it!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo