Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Help please with a big booboo

Everything was going smoothly and ready to put this sweater together when I noticed that I did the edging on the wrong side so I ripped and pulled the wrong string and this is what happened.

I need help on how to connect the rows together. All it is is chain 1, skip stitch, dbl crochet in next stitch, chain 1 skip next stitch, etc. The way it looks all I need to do is the dbl crochet but don't know how to do it with out doubling up the chaining 1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you....

Robyn/joyyyy[ATTACH]12314
    Attached Images Attached Images Help please with a big booboo-20150429_073119-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not an expert, as I have made quite a few mistakes in my time and have had to come up with my own way of 'fixing' without having to take the whole thing out.
    It looks like you the pattern is to line up the double crochets to the previous row, right? which means that you need to line the last row of double crochets on the one side of the sweater with the first row of double crochets on the other side of the sweater. If this is correct. The picture shows that is no longer happpening.

Where you have stopped chain one and double crochet in the second dble crochet TIGHTER than you normerly crochet this may the help eliminate the 'extra space' continue on pattern, . I hope this works for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops, I meant "first dble crochet"

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this:
    Connect your yarn with a slip stitch in a bottom double crochet. Then make a double crochet.
    Slip stitch into the corresponding top double crochet, slip stitch into the next space, double crochet into the next double crochet.
    Slip stitch into the corresponding bottom double crochet, slip stitch into the next space, double crochet into the next double crochet.
    Repeat the process. This should work. I would love to know how you come out!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    What yarn did you use it is so pretty....I would fix it like Herrietta said...thanks and you can list the yarn here I will check back Ami

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon2cu View Post
    What yarn did you use it is so pretty....I would fix it like Herrietta said...thanks and you can list the yarn here I will check back Ami
    Ami,

The yarn I am using is Loops and Threads and the color is Gold Dust.

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joyyy, I wish I could help but I am at a loss as to what to tell you to do. Maybe someone else will be able to help you. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I was also thinking, as Crochetdiva suggested, to slip stitch. Seems like the best way to join.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to thank everyone for all of the suggestion on how I should fix my booboo and I did the slip stitch suggestion and I don't know what I was doing wrong but it seemed like when I did that it doubled up between the double crochets....so what I ended up doing was ripping it out, which wasn't the much and redid it. Now all I have left is to sew it together and it is done. I should have just walked away for awhile and then come back and did your suggestion but I was just so close.

Again thank you to everyone.

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, you did it. I'm glad to know that I was able to help you.