Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

I woiuld like to introduce myself

Good Evening Everyone,

My name is Margie, I live in Northern Louisiana, have 3 grown children, 1 sweet granddaughter, and another baby coming in Dec. 2015.

My mother taught me the beginning crochet stitches as a child. Played around quiet a bit as a youngster, then was to busy for it as a teen and young adult. About a year ago I started to crochet again. I wanted to make pretty things for our sweet girl. Then my youngest son saw what I was doing and says " momma I need you to make me one, I miss having something that you made for me. So that really started my love again.

Thank yall for letting me join your group, I cant wait to learn things and share.

Margie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Margie! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Margie, Welcome to "Crochet Talk"! I hope you have a wonderful time communicating with all of the ladies in the group & I Know we have 1male in the group. I stopped crocheting when I was about 20 but, I did a lot of basic crocheting. I croched afghans mostly, making up my own patterns as I went. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures with the 3 afghans that I made for my 3 nieces. Several people have tried to help me but, I'm just not getting it. The point I am making is, the ladies are so spectacular & loving here. You are going to so enjoy this group Scooters/Suzanne

4. Likes margiedooley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by margiedooley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,

My name is Margie, I live in Northern Louisiana, have 3 grown children, 1 sweet granddaughter, and another baby coming in Dec. 2015.

My mother taught me the beginning crochet stitches as a child. Played around quiet a bit as a youngster, then was to busy for it as a teen and young adult. About a year ago I started to crochet again. I wanted to make pretty things for our sweet girl. Then my youngest son saw what I was doing and says " momma I need you to make me one, I miss having something that you made for me. So that really started my love again.

Thank yall for letting me join your group, I cant wait to learn things and share.

Margie
    Dear margiedooley, hi and welcome to the best crochet online group there is! I'm a grandmother and love to crochet, quilt, family history, and take care of my husband and love each of my children and 10 grandchildren. I've gained some valuable friends on this site and hope that happens to you also!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Welcome Margie!
    Let us know if you have questions. We love to help if we can.

Scooters,
    Put your pictures on the computer. Go to the crochet talk. Click on reply. Then click 'Go Advanced. Click on the paper clip and you can attach pictures. Click 'add files'. Then click 'browse' and select the picture/s you want and then click 'open'. Click upload and then Click 'done'. Go back and click the arrow by the paper clip and you will see the pictures you uploaded. You can click 'insert all' and all the pictures will be on your message or you can click one picture at a time and use the space bar between the pictures.

Jean Marie
    Attached Images Attached Images I woiuld like to introduce myself-6th-knitted-finger-puppet-jpg I woiuld like to introduce myself-church-picture-mark-jean-004-jpg 

7. Likes margiedooley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone who welcomed me. I am right now working on 2 baby afghans for friends, and doing some crochet edging on flannel with thread for those same friends and our new addition.

Is there a way to upload pictures from my cell phone, or my facebook here?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Margie, welcome to the group it is a pleasure to meet you. I learned to crochet on my own about 3 years ago. I have 3 children 1 girl and 2 boys and I also am a grandmother. I have 2 beautiful granddaughters and 4 handsome little grandsons. Ranging from 6 months to 7 years old. They are all my pride and joy. I am disabled so find a lot of time on my hands and crocheting helps. I also do alot of other different types of crafts.

10. Likes margiedooley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    sonnetta, I am also disabled (from a car accident when I was on the way to teach 34 Kindergarteners at a school in a town about 17 miles away. A man turned in front of me & I smashed into his car. I was very angry for a very long time & I ended up having to retire from my injuries. It has been a very long road but, crocheting is a wonderful craft to take one's mind off of things. I'm really not very but, I do like making simple afghans & making my own patterns. I've been given instructions to upload pics but, I still don't get it. That is my nemesis Making a new friend sonnetta, is a blessing from God
    Last edited by Scooters; 04-16-2015 at 03:37 PM.

12. Likes margiedooley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi, Welcome Margie!
    Let us know if you have questions. We love to help if we can.

Scooters,
    Put your pictures on the computer. Go to the crochet talk. Click on reply. Then click 'Go Advanced. Click on the paper clip and you can attach pictures. Click 'add files'. Then click 'browse' and select the picture/s you want and then click 'open'. Click upload and then Click 'done'. Go back and click the arrow by the paper clip and you will see the pictures you uploaded. You can click 'insert all' and all the pictures will be on your message or you can click one picture at a time and use the space bar between the pictures.

Jean Marie
    Jean, how do you make sure your picture is right side up?

14. Likes margiedooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooters View Post
    sonnetta, I am also disabled (from a car accident when I was on the way to teach 34 Kindergarteners at a school in a town about 17 miles away. A man turned in front of me & I smashed into his car. I was very angry for a very long time & I ended up having to retire from my injuries. It has been a very long road but, crocheting is a wonderful craft to take one's mind off of things. I'm really not very but, I do like making simple afghans & making my own patterns. I've been given instructions to upload pics but, I still don't get it. That is my nemesis Making a new friend sonnetta, is a blessing from God
    l
    Hello scooters. I am sorry to hear about your car accident. I have parkinson's disease which is getting worse, diabetes, chronic pain, and heart problems. I have done stuffed animals, a few afghans,dishrags, washrags, hats, scarves, coasters, barbie clothes, and 18 in. doll clothes.I just made some play food too. I made a ham sandwich. I also do a variety of other crafts also. I take them to craft shows and sell them plus make things for my family and scarves for the homeless. I am working on dog coasters right now. If you ever want to talk you can send me a personal message on here. I love making new friends. Yes, it is a blessing to make new friends. I have been blessed greatly with all the wonderful friends on here. God bless

16. Likes margiedooley liked this post