Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers for my nephews' doggie

I know a lot of people don't think dogs are a very big deal, but I do. My 2 nephews' Irish Setter, Darcy, is in liver failure because she probably ate something with Xylitol in it. She's having seizures and has no blood platelets. She's not in any pain so my sister and her husband, along with their vet, decided to put her in a pet ER overnight. If Darcy isn't any better in the morning, they'll have to put her down.

I have 3 doggies of my own and I never knew Xylitol was so poisonous to dogs. I think it's in a lot of our sugar free foods??

I'd really appreciate your prayers for sweet Darcy, and my nephews Aiden and Reid.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of your nephews and their dog, Darcy and hope all goes well. Dogs are a big part of so many families so it is very emotional when something happens to them (as well as any other type of pets). Prayers are going out for Darcy.

Roe

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poor sweet Darcy lost her battle last night. Her liver had completely shut down. She was only 5 years old.

Thank you, Roe, for your prayers. My nephews are devastated.

Shelley

5. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley I know what heartbreak is in loss of Dag. many years ago lost a 14 yr old a cockapoo,she died of cancer. I knew it was and ORDERED HUBBY to get to VET!!. I was correct (I was at work) I called to ask about Pixie and I heard her moanover phone I heard back a while later--she's gone isnt she . A Mother knows. Nephews and Darcy God is taking good care of her in Doggie heaven. WOOF to that Beautiful Dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Darcy I am sorry to hear about your nephews dog. I have 3 dogs. One is my son's but we have cared for him and he is just as much a part of our family as the other 2. Our dogs are our babies. I have fallen a few times and each time both my dogs were right there beside me till someone came and the black lab alerted my fiance' when he would come in that something was wrong. They have more human qualities then animal. I would be devastated if anything happened to our puppies. They are always close by my side either right up next to me or in the same room. When I go into my craft room where I fell one time my lab comes in and will lay in there either by the door or right by my chair. If my fiance' is home he will be near him but will keep coming in and checking on me and if I am ok he will go back and lay down. My dogs are a big part of our family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley I am so sorry Darcy is gone!! I will pray for your nephews the death of a pet is so hard but especially for children. Take care love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Sad news, Shelley. The death of a beloved pet is traumatic!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's so difficult to try to explain to some people that, for us animal lovers, they really are a part of our family. They are our babies and we love them dearly. Unless someone has had that special pet in their own lives, they just don't understand. Darcy wasn't just "a dog." She was a big part of my nephews' lives.

I know y'all get that! Thank you all for your kind words. My sister and her husband are wonderful parents, and they're handling this the best they can for my nephews. It'll just take some time, for them all.

Shelley

11. Likes suzqbo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help it Shelle, I hear about a pet in trouble or crossing over the rainbow bridge and it brings tears to my eyes. Hope your nephews are doing OK. I do miss my pets. I've lost three that were very special in the last three years. They can bring such joy and comfort into our lives.
    The biggest lie I tell myself, "I don't have to write that down, I'll remember it!"

Post Thanks / Like
    The next morning, the kid's dad didn't take them to school and instead, he and his buddy took the boys out to breakfast at IHOP. I thought that was a great idea.

I told Jenn she could get Darcy's ashes and put them in a box to place on the mantel. She was afraid that would be too sad for the boys, and I respect her decision. She knows what's best for them. They'll be okay, they're just so sad right now.

Of course they'll feel her loss, but they have 4 other doggies to comfort them. They have 3 dachshunds and a chocolate lab. One of the dachshunds, Madeline, was my brother's dog. We lost my brother 3 years ago, and Madeline went to live with my sister and her family.

Thank you so much for your kind, caring words.

Shelley