Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving on a jet plane

Hi everyone. Am not leaving till Fri 4/17 but can't wait. Decided on the first state I want to visit and check out some areas that I am considering for my relocation. Have been in contact with a real estate agent there (who was born and bred in Glen Cove LI, not that far from where I currently live) and she will pick me up at the airport on Friday and we will drive around to see the big picture, then drop me off at the hotel (right across from their office). Only going from 4/17 to 4/21 but know by checking online the type of home and homeowners community I want. Just have to sell my house first before I can buy another house (don't want a condo or townhouse, nothing attached for me). But this gives me an idea of what is out there.

And the first state is North Carolina (which is ironic since that is where I had started looking last year on my own when I was told about a builder). However, I decided a custom built home would take too long (like seven months) so a prebuilt home is fine.

Wish me luck. Am looking for coastal (not direct waterfront, out of my price range) but something like where I am now, like a 15-20 minute drive to the beach.

Will be back after 4/21 but may pop on tomorrow. Not bringing a laptop and so far, haven't gotten around to getting my iPad but at least my cell has unlimited data so I can pop on and at least see what is going on.

See ya then.

Roe

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited for you, Roe!!! I predict you'll have a fabulous time in North Carolina. It's a pretty place with southern hospitality. I wish you good luck in your search. I'm sure your real estate agent has plenty of beautiful places to show you. I hope the weather is beautiful while you're there. If it isn't raining, it should be really nice this time of year.

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I'll be thinking of you.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe, I am celebrating with you as you begin traveling to find your new home. I pray that you find your dream home and the location that is just right for you. What an exciting time in life! May God richly bless you and keep you safe. Enjoy your flight!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing you luck on your trip to North Carolina. My son lives not far from Chappel Hill, where he works. I have been to visit several times and find it to be a gorgeous place to live. He has been there for more than 10 years and loves it. A couple of years ago, he bought a house on 5 acres not far from where he works and I really enjoy visiting. The weather is nice with so much less humidity than we have here in Mobile. Wishing good weather for you for your house hunting venture.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Roe Im so Happy and Excited for you. WOW! I could never do all that, contact and all. Of course Minnesota has allways been my Home?? No Traveling. I hope you have Fun and staying near Realtor thats nice. Behave yourself?? Aaaa heck have some Fun and
    Live it up. See you on the 21st. Susan2014