Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

In need of prayer

I went to my neurologist today and the report was not good. My Parkinson's disease is getting worse. It is now worse on the right side and is causing the right leg to be weak and now it is in the left side. It is causing my left leg to cramp up a lot. I believe God will help me through this. He is such an awesome God. There is a reason for everything. Also going to have some injections into the nerves in my hip area and if that helps he will burn them the next time. I am having trouble bending, walking, and climbing stairs and almost fell 3 times in the last week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta, I am so sorry to hear about your condition getting worse. What do the drs do for Parkinson's ??? I have a friend in Va from my Bible study group that has had several surgeries for her Parkinson's something with the brain but I'm not sure what. When the dr burned the nerves before how much did that help you?? I will be praying for you please let me know when your procedure is so I can pray while it's being done ok?? We didn't have a good day today but I can't go into it right now too emotional !!! Take care and God bless you. Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sonnetta, Sorry to hear about your health! It's such a trial when something like this gets worse. Prayers are on the way for you and I'm glad to hear that you have faith that the Lord will help you through this. I know that Christ suffered every pain that we might have so he can understand our pains. Here is a scripture that I would like to share with you: It's in a book similar to the Bible and has many of Christ's teachings: 2Nephi 9:21 " And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice, for behold he suffereth the pains of all men, yea , the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children who belong to the family of Adam." Knowing that Christ understands my pains and afflictions helps me when I need help. Hope this helps. Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Sonnetta, I am so sorry to hear about your condition getting worse. What do the drs do for Parkinson's ??? I have a friend in Va from my Bible study group that has had several surgeries for her Parkinson's something with the brain but I'm not sure what. When the dr burned the nerves before how much did that help you?? I will be praying for you please let me know when your procedure is so I can pray while it's being done ok?? We didn't have a good day today but I can't go into it right now too emotional !!! Take care and God bless you. Love you Winnie
    Right now I am on a drug called carbidopa. It is a generic brand for Sinamet. He said there is really nothing that can be done. The medication helps with the shaking. He said eventually I will have to go on a stronger drug but he don't want to start it until absolutely necessary because he said the longer someone is on it they would be at risk for tremors which is a side effect. He said to keep as active as I can and that will keep it at a slow progression. It has been slow I have had it for over 2 years. I will be going for my procedure this Friday on the 17th in the morning sometime. I don't know what time yet until Thursday. You are in my prayers as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Dear Sonnetta, Sorry to hear about your health! It's such a trial when something like this gets worse. Prayers are on the way for you and I'm glad to hear that you have faith that the Lord will help you through this. I know that Christ suffered every pain that we might have so he can understand our pains. Here is a scripture that I would like to share with you: It's in a book similar to the Bible and has many of Christ's teachings: 2Nephi 9:21 " And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice, for behold he suffereth the pains of all men, yea , the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children who belong to the family of Adam." Knowing that Christ understands my pains and afflictions helps me when I need help. Hope this helps. Donna
    Thank you Donna, that does help. God bless you and thank you for your prayers. God has done so much for me and I know He is helping me now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Sonnetta, I am so sorry to hear about your health problems right now. Please know there are prayers going out for you that you come through this latest setback (for lack of a better word) without too much discomfort. God bless you and know he is there for you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta sorry to hear your having trouble. It is good you know the Lord but it is still hard. I don't know what we would do without Him. Some day He will dry all the tears from our eyes and no more suffering or death. Dear Lord, please heal Sonnetta--direct the doctor's mind on how to help her and give her Your peace and strength. Let her feel your loving arms around her. In Jesus name I pray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless your heart Sonnetta I will put this on my alarm for Fri so I can't possibly forget. You have been through some really tough trials but I know you have the Lord with you and all of us praying for you I will pray a hedge of protection around you and the doctors and nurses that nothing will interfere with you or them during your procedure. Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta,
    Can you exercise your legs? Exercising your legs might help. What do you do when your leg cramps up? said a prayer for you. will keep you in my prayers.
    Jean Marie

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta,

I will be keeping you in my daily prayers for complete healing. I will be praying fervently for you on the 17th, during your procedure. Keep the Faith, dear lady. God will protect you.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!