Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

help with bottom half circle in Blue Mandala Throw

I am a new member and I am having trouble understanding the instructions for the bottom half circle instructions in the Blue Mandala Throw designed by Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby. Here is what the instructions say: Bottom half circle: Ch 16, sl st in 12th ch from hook, ch 3, sk next 2 chs on ch-16, sc in next ch, 6 dc in ch-12 ring, sk next 3 sts on previous rnd, sc in next st on previous rnd, 8 dc in ch-12 ring.

I get as far as Ch 16, sl st in 12th ch from hook, ch 3, sk next 2 chs on ch-16, sc in next ch then not sure what it means to do next. Any help would be appreciated as I only have two rows left to do. Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how to do what you have written here?? It may to me anyways do that around. What is next step after above??

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize as Im only guessing?? Saw pattern WOW! Pretty. 6 dc in ch 12 ring (do you see the ch 12 ring ??, then sk next 3 sts on previous rnd, sc in next st on previous rnd, 8 dc in ch-12 ring. Look at photo to see or your piece your doing. I better quit as I never done this. Some one better at it is your hope??? Sorry for confusion.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you slipped stitched in 12th ch from hook you made a ring... in that is where you do the 6dc. and than skip the next 3sts on your previous round you were working on ,,,,not the hook of 12ch,,,, do a sc in next st of that previous round and than go back to the 12st ring and do 8 more dc ... I hope this helps you... just try to do what they are saying step by step and see if it looks right to you... I wish I could show pictures for you step by step but am not able to.....I hope this helped mainly you are working on the reg . row and doing dc in the 12ch loop you have made......good luck and Happy Crocheting Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    In the next row the top of the circle is completed with 16 dc in the ch-12 ring.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help--I think I got it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here and glad you received the help you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just finished the throw--looks great!!