Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Search for pointless crochet hood

I don't know how to word this description but I would really love to find a free crochet hood pattern that does not end in a point. Does anyone know if there is such a pattern ? All the ones I find consist of a length of stitches folded in half and sewn up one side forming the hood back but also forming a point. I would like to eliminate the point and have a more squared look to the tip of the hood but I do not want granny squares blocks. In all my years of crochet I have never seen a hood pattern without a point. Is it possible ? Thank you.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    For last two or three rows, decrease in the center of the row by crocheting two or three stitches together.

Post Thanks / Like
    DorisAnn,

If you look on Amazon - enter "Romantic Looks Crochet (Leisure Arts #4324)" - - on page 25 there is a "pointless hooded" jacket pattern. I made ithe entire jacket in practically no time flat for a total of $10.00 with discounted bulky yarn. You could use the hood pattern from that one. I have never had so many compliments on anything I made as this jacket and it was very easy to crochet. They have used books for as low as $2.21. I would copy the pattern and send it to you, but I think that is illegal. Good Luck!

4. Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Katia View Post
    DorisAnn,

If you look on Amazon - enter "Romantic Looks Crochet (Leisure Arts #4324)" - - on page 25 there is a "pointless hooded" jacket pattern. I made ithe entire jacket in practically no time flat for a total of $10.00 with discounted bulky yarn. You could use the hood pattern from that one. I have never had so many compliments on anything I made as this jacket and it was very easy to crochet. They have used books for as low as $2.21. I would copy the pattern and send it to you, but I think that is illegal. Good Luck!
    As a person who writes patterns, I can tell you for sure that it is illegal. However thank you so very, very much. I did google it on Amazon and guess what, I actually have that book. Who knew. I have hundreds of books but when I saw the cover I knew I had received it as a gift a few years back. Appears I am getting too old to remember exactly what I have. I decided to inventory the yarn when I bought more of some I already had. Guess I am going to have to inventory the books too. Again thank you so very, very much. You made my heart smile.

6. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great that you already have the book I know what you mean about forgetting what you have. When I go through my patterns one or two times a year, I am sometimes surprised at the great patterns I have that I have never used.

By the way, I made that hooded sweater coat in a subtlety variegated navy blue which goes with anything, and I always thought I would like to make it in off-white or light beige and it would be very dressy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Katia View Post
    That's great that you already have the book I know what you mean about forgetting what you have. When I go through my patterns one or two times a year, I am sometimes surprised at the great patterns I have that I have never used.

By the way, I made that hooded sweater coat in a subtlety variegated navy blue which goes with anything, and I always thought I would like to make it in off-white or light beige and it would be very dressy!
    It is gorgeous and I just love it. My kinda coat. I just wanted a hood pattern but I cannot wait to make the whole coat. A light color would be amazing but in the Peanuts series I would be "Pigpen" a real dirt magnet. Been like that all my life. So if it were a light color it would be in the wash more than on my back. Going to go with something less likely to show the dirt. Now checking my yarn stash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray! . . . .
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doris Ann
    Check this out I Think it will work for you. I tried to copy and past it for you but could not. So go to Ravelry.com, look for Kristen Stevenson;Yub Nub Scoodie--

by Kristen Stevenson
    omg Ravelry: Yub Nub EWOK Scoodie FREE pattern by Kristen Stevenson #starwars

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the hooded sweater coat. I'm going to make me one, too!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Free Pattern: Cuddly Cat Crochet Scoodie

Just leave the ears off of the hood and it would be easy to attach it to a sweater.