Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Three Doily

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Dollie pattern request

Hi All... Does anyone have a pattern for a dollie made using the plastic soda can holders? My husband's grandmother made them years ago, and I would like to make some. She used the "6-pack" holder (from beer or soda). I know she cut and trimmed the plastic holder to make 6 plastic circle rings (I used to help her trim them up). She used about 12 circle rings for each dollie, then crocheted around each ring (to cover the plastic) then they were inter-twinded together somehow.

I have a few keepsakes that I can take apart, but I dont want to, because if I cant figure out how to recreate them, then I destroyed one pretty peice Oma made for me.

I have been trying to google it, but I dont seem to find anything!

Thanks,
    Toni

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mttoni, not sure I can help you as I have not seen these made. My question to you is , can you still get the plastic pop holders to make this craft. I am not sure what she made them from??? pop is plastic wrapped now or held together with a plastic wrap around six cans... I am not sure how or why you would use these in a doilie,, so I do not know how to search and help you. Could you post a picture of the doily you have ....and maybe explain more on what the rings were from..... thanks and good luck , Maybe some one else will come along and be familiar what you are looking for ......Happy Crocheting Davena.