Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Where Do You Vacation?

Since returning from vacation in Hollywood, California, my interest has been peaked and renewed for vacation spots. Traveling near and far has always held my interests. Road trips to nearby cities, towns and states afar are exciting. Riding a plane high among the clouds is wonderous! Seeing and experiencing new foods, culture, architecture, historical sights, nationally-known activities and meeting new people is what I enjoy.

Please share your trips of enjoyment and delight. Share a story, two or three about your adventures too!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will go to Istanbul on 1st May. Here is last trip album. Photo Album, Share Your Photos Online for Free at MyAlbum! It s nice place.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, thanks for sharing your pics. Lovely pics they are! I pray that you'll be safe and have an enjoyable time on your vacation.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa, your pictures are just wonderful!! My daughter was there several years ago and loved it and the people. She loves to travel and has since graduating college. Thank you for showing us your pictures :-) I hope you have a great vacation!!! Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I love Istanbul tooo
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    O am 70 years old and only went on 4 vacations in my life. 3 when I was an adult and 2 when I was a kid. Mostly because we couldn't afford it. By the time we could have afforded it my husband was to ill and he couldn't travel. The first vacation I went on I was maybe 13 and we went to visit my Mothers Brother in Ohio and then went to Michigan to see my Mothers Sister in Michigan, the only thing I really remember about that trip was going on a tour on a submarine. My Uncle was in the Navy so he took us on one . It was just the family. I thought that was interesting. That is about all I can remember about that.

The second one was when I was about 15 and I went out west with a couple who were good friends of Mom and Daddy. We went to Arizona. Traveling through the Desert was interesting and yet boring. Miles of nothing to see at least not for a 15 year old but I remember seeing this huts and with it being so hot there were no doors or windows on them. Remember this was 1959. Not very many people had air-conditioning. We went to see the Painted Desert, but that was very disappointing. As a kid I thought the sand would be all different colors but it wasn't the only way you could see any different colors was to look at a huge hole they had dug and you could see the different colors of sand that was made up of different layers of sand but you really couldn't tell to much about the colors. The only way you saw the colors was in bottles that they had washed the sand and put them in different layers. Dust covered the different layers in the hole they had dug so it wasn't very obvious. We then went to the Petrified forest which I thought was interesting was wood and small trees had turned into stone. I can't remember the reason they had turned into stone. Then we went to the Grand Canyon, which was interesting I guess for a 15 year old. We just stood at the railings and look at it. To me it looked like a big hole with trees.
    The thing I remember the most was on the way back we went through the Rocky Mountains and I was terrified. The side of the road was big drop offs that you could see for miles down. I had nightmares for years about that. I tell about the other trips later when I am not so tired.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 04-10-2015 at 10:37 AM.

9. Thanks Butterflyrose, Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear! Have a rest! It s so intereting to know about other people and places
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    O am 70 years old and only went on 4 vacations in my life. 3 when I was an adult and 2 when I was a kid. Mostly because we couldn't afford it. By the time we could have afforded it my husband was to ill and he couldn't travel. The first vacation I went on I was maybe 13 and we went to visit my Mothers Brother in Ohio and then went to Michigan to see my Mothers Sister in Michigan, the only thing I really remember about that trip was going on a tour on a submarine. My Uncle was in the Navy so he took us on one . It was just the family. I thought that was interesting. That is about all I can remember about that.

The second one was when I was about 15 and I went out west with a couple who were good friends of Mom and Daddy. We went to Arizona. Traveling through the Desert was interesting and yet boring. Miles of nothing to see at least not for a 15 year old but I remember seeing this huts and with it being so hot there were no doors or windows on them. Remember this was 1959. Not very many people had air-conditioning. We went to see the Painted Desert, but that was very disappointing. As a kid I thought the sand would be all different colors but it wasn't the only way you could see any different colors was to look at a huge hole they had dug and you could see the different colors of sand that was made up of different layers of sand but you really couldn't tell to much about the colors. The only way you saw the colors was in bottles that they had washed the sand and put them in different layers. Dust covered the different layers in the hole they had dug so it wasn't very obvious. We then went to the Petrified forest which I thought was interesting was wood and small trees had turned into stone. I can't remember the reason they had turned into stone. Then we went to the Grand Canyon, which was interesting I guess for a 15 year old. We just stood at the railings and look at it. To me it looked like a big hole with trees.
    The thing I remember the most was on the way back we went through the Rocky Mountains and I was terrified. The side of the road was big drop offs that you could see for miles down. I had nightmares for years about that. I tell about the other trips later when I am not so tired.
    MeerKat, how vividly you've shared your vacation experience. As if I'm there now traveling! Thanks so much for sharing!

12. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Larisa the pictures were beautiful. My husband really didn't care to travel. At first I resented it. But we live in the country --and it to is beautiful. People come on vacation here and stay in dingy little trailers or go to parks like Yogi Bear. So I decided not to be resentful and appreciate what I had. I would take what I call mini vacations and pick days here and there where I would do just want I wanted to do and not feel guilty about not working. I am very happy with that now. Also I can take vacations on the computer and look at different countries. Now thanks to Larisa I saw some very beautiful sights of Istanbul. Also I just started watching a show where people want to shake things up and move to different countries and I can watch the sites and see them picking out their new homes. Guess I am a home body at heart. Happy vacation to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could see USA nature
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן