Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

finally finished

sorry i haven't been on in awhile, but i had one of those projects going that turned out to be a bear of a project.. i had a person ask me for a queen sized Dallas Cowboy afghan. i found a couple of patterns, but honestly, they were really dull, and i know his soon to be fiancee gets tired of the house looking like a sports memorabilia place, so i wanted to do something that looked good, but in the colors for the cowboys.. so i found a pattern for a jacob's star afghan... and i went for it.... got it done, and was going to just change that 5 point star into a 4 corner rectangle....oh mercy, was i wrong in THAT theory!! so i ended up making a base afghan and sewing the jacob's star on it... i hope he likes it. i truly do. here is the finished project.. and yes, there are a couple of goofs, but it wouldn't be handmade if it didn't have one.
    finally finished-afgan-finished-jpg

2. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow it's stunning! You obviously have a tremendous amount of talent. A job well done for sure!

When I was a child, I remember my mom telling me that when the native Americans made blankets, they'd intentionally include a flaw in it. It was to let the evil spirits out. I always found that story fascinating.

Shelley

4. Thanks dltalkgramma thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

thanks for the compliment. yes Native Americans did use a flaw. i don't intentionally do it, but it happens... i have several more works in progress that will now take center stage, and the last one will be a NA afghan.. also queen sized
    Marilyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is gorgeous. And I heard that if you leave a mistake in any piece, it now becomes uniquely yours.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you Roe. the recipient loved it and said he will keep it the rest of his life and pass it to his young'uns, so i guess that means he really liked it.. i am thankful for that.
    Marilyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello dtalkgrandma, well what is there to NOT LIKE about this stunning afghan...I know you have created a "TOUCH DOWN"
    here for this young couple. A win for both of them....Congrats on a job well done and hope they show you the appreciation you deserve for all your hard work and time involved in the making of this afghan..... Happy Crocheting..... Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you Davena. i appreciate the compliments, and they do love it.

Marilyn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dltalkgramma View Post
    thank you Roe. the recipient loved it and said he will keep it the rest of his life and pass it to his young'uns, so i guess that means he really liked it.. i am thankful for that.
    Marilyn
    Well I do not think you get a better compliment than that... What a fine young man you have .....Happy Crocheting....Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Davena... he showed it to a friend of his who promptly asked if i could make one with the Bucaneers colors... LOL.. i told him i will certainly do it, but i have 4 other projects ahead of that

So i WILL be happily crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty blanket