Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hello from a new member

Hi Everyone; I am new not only to Crochet Talk but to belonging to a Talk Forum ;-). Hope you will be patient with me as I will learn as I go with this medium.
    I am about to be 75 years young, have been crocheting since 1953 and knitting since 1944. I love both crafts equally for different reasons and do both daily.
    Teach both at local school districts and libraries and Churches with great joy. Am married to my soulmate who now resides with our Lord, have 5 children (youngest
    daughter, her husband & 2 boys live with me), 11 grands and 7 great-grands so far- who knows what the future brings so I am continuously crocheting baby
    blankets and little sweater sets with many many Baby hats ;-). Have more books, patterns and yarn than anyone would ever need and belong to the SABLE club.
    To reach me for any reason, I am <1Happyknitter> on Ravelry, <astoddar@suffolk.lib.ny.us> for email and will respond to any questions on crochet that you have.
    I hope everyone has a peaceful, blessed and enjoyable Easter weekend and may all your stitches never need to be frogged ;-). Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you on site with us! Please make yourself at home here!

You are welcome to join our vendors and merchants section of the forums to keep us posted about your items! Here is a link for you:

http://crochettalk.com/vendors-and-merchants/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Anne! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. So glad you our joining our forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, there. I'm new at using a computer so it's taking some time to figure all this out. But I'm not new at the relaxing craft of crochet ! It will be fun to be with you folks. I'm 73 and don't get about much any more, so i expect I'll visit with you often.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello! It s nice to meet you too! I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted many doilies. Fun to do. I especially love to create my own doily patterns. Have you ever done that?

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! I crochet filet pieces and rechart patterns... You are smart. Do you have a cat? I have 7 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I had one but had to find him a new home when I got sick. He lives with my daughter's mom- in-law. I see him every so often. He's so tubby that I can't figure out how he can even move about. But he seems happy, so.......OH WELL��
    You are blessed with 7 ! Oh, my ! Are they outdoors dwellers? How do you keep up with them ? Are they barn kitties ? OH, WAIT, YOU HAVE BIRDS, NOT KITTIES. SORRY !!!! WHAT KIND OF BIRDS ARE THEY? That must be tons of fun.

I live in senior housing, so we are allowed only one pet. It would be difficult to have more than one in such a small unit! Anyway. But I sure do miss Toby !
    Last edited by ONNIE; 09-17-2015 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Made an error when posting...

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a beautiful doily that you show on your page. I assume you crocheted it. It's filet, right ?