Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

patterns for amigurumi's??

I'm hoping to connect to those who like doing amigurumi. What books have you purchased that had good patterns to follow for amigurumi items?

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never purchased a book for my amigurumis. Most of my patterns have been free. I Have paid for a few that were exceptionally cute! Though I don't know how to post links I can give you websites. Ravelry.com (joining is free) has both free and pay for patterns. Etsy.com (pay for patterns) greatamigurmiblogspot.com
    Crochetatplay.com (free) allfreecrochet.com. Hope this is helpful. I have found that books are costly and I usually only like some of the patterns so feel I waste $. Happy Hunting! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    I have never purchased a book for my amigurumis. Most of my patterns have been free. I Have paid for a few that were exceptionally cute! Though I don't know how to post links I can give you websites. Ravelry.com (joining is free) has both free and pay for patterns. Etsy.com (pay for patterns) greatamigurmiblogspot.com
    Crochetatplay.com (free) allfreecrochet.com. Hope this is helpful. I have found that books are costly and I usually only like some of the patterns so feel I waste $. Happy Hunting! imalefty
    Dear Imalefty, thanks for the information, I do belong to ravelry.com the other two sites I was not aware of. Do you make a lot of ami's? just wondering what is your favorite amigurumi to make?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna! Sorry to take this long to reply but life gets in the way! I have done quite a few Amis. Lots for gifts this past Dec. Animals-both real and fantasy. Loved making PacMan and the ghosts. I really enjoy making Amis that are objects and giving them a face and personality. Made my daughter a bowl of cereal and a baby broccoli. They were adorable! Make ornaments for gifts also not always Amis but this year did ami ice cream cones with eyes and smiles-14 of them-all different "flavors". Most were free patterns from the sites I have mentioned. Am working on an open work kimono type sweater for myself now. But soon back to ami as my daughter bought the Hello Kitty crochet book and expects at least 2 for her b'day in June! She is a HK collector. Would like to know what you have made if you have time to post. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Hi Donna! Sorry to take this long to reply but life gets in the way! I have done quite a few Amis. Lots for gifts this past Dec. Animals-both real and fantasy. Loved making PacMan and the ghosts. I really enjoy making Amis that are objects and giving them a face and personality. Made my daughter a bowl of cereal and a baby broccoli. They were adorable! Make ornaments for gifts also not always Amis but this year did ami ice cream cones with eyes and smiles-14 of them-all different "flavors". Most were free patterns from the sites I have mentioned. Am working on an open work kimono type sweater for myself now. But soon back to ami as my daughter bought the Hello Kitty crochet book and expects at least 2 for her b'day in June! She is a HK collector. Would like to know what you have made if you have time to post. imalefty
    I have only made one amigurumi so far, it was a bunny. Loved reading your post about what you have made. I wanted to make bunnies for my grandchildren but didn't have time. What is a HK collector? I did find a cute little chick pattern that was posted by someone on this crocehetalk which I printed. Maybe next year I will have time to make them. Do you have any other hobbies besides crocheting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear from you. HK is just a short way to write Hello Kitty. Daughter has quite a collection. Dishes,toaster,figurines,sheets,waffle iron,clothes,shoes,totes.....some limited edition pieces also. It's a good hobby. So I will be crocheting her some Amis of Kitty and friends for her 38th birthday. I understand how you didn't have time to make more Easter items. These holidays sneak up on us! I will be starting Christmas gifts soon. I also enjoy making cards and scrapbooking. I love to read-mysteries are an old love but have expanded my interests to World War II,politics,and the occasional biography. Also have a few games I play on my husband's iPad. Still have my home chores to do but am not as picky as I used to be. How about you? What keeps you busy and happy? 😀 imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=imalefty;163970]Glad to hear from you. HK is just a short way to write Hello Kitty. Daughter has quite a collection. Dishes,toaster,figurines,sheets,waffle iron,clothes,shoes,totes.....some limited edition pieces also. It's a good hobby. So I will be crocheting her some Amis of Kitty and friends for her 38th birthday. I understand how you didn't have time to make more Easter items. These holidays sneak up on us! I will be starting Christmas gifts soon. I also enjoy making cards and scrapbooking. I love to read-mysteries are an old love but have expanded my interests to World War II,politics,and the occasional biography. Also have a few games I play on my husband's iPad. Still have my home chores to do but am not as picky as I used to be. How about you? What keeps you busy and happy? �� imalefty[/QU

I also do scrapbooking and I love world war II stories mostly about the holocaust survivors. I have put together several family history books of grandparents which bring me closer to my ancestors.
    I piece quilts which has been very rewarding. I take my quilts to a lady who machine quilts them. When I first started making quilts I had a goal of having a table runner for every week, I'm almost there. They are organized into rubbermaid containers with labels on all of them. What Christmas items do you have planned? Will they be crocheted? Thanks for responding and hope to hear from you soon. Oh I organized my 3 ring binders of crocheting patterns just today! I've got to quit collecting patterns! Not sure that's possible though. HOpe to hear from you soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear imalefty, I found this site for a hellow kitty keychain, just wanted to share with you!

MADRES HIPERACTIVAS: Mini Hello Kitty Amigurumi, V

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks!

Hi! Thanks for the pattern! Translated it with Google. My ornaments this year will be crocheted small mugs of cocoa with faces. Will make all the mugs different colors. I order the safety eyes from Etsy as there aren't usually the right sizes available in stores. Admire you piecing quilts. I Love the look of them but haven't the gift of doing them. My kimono cardigan is starting to look like something finally. Simple crochet stitches but have to keep checking directions. Really want this for myself so will keep at it. I recently read a book about the children of the Kindertransport. Have you read anything about that? Also greatly enjoyed reading about the Navaho "Windtalkers" who created a code the Japanese couldn't break in WWII. Am getting into the years in Germany before the war started. Have learned more than I ever did in school. The ice cream cones I made are quite easy if you would like to try them. Have fun,let me know what you are working on. imalefty 😃

12. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You DonnaPBradshaw for the Kitty Link. They are perfect for my Donations to shelters etc. Very nice patterns.

Susan2014