Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Translation on patterns

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me, a while back I asked for help but got sidelined by an illness in the family so I am back again. When I see a pattern I like and it is not an English translation, I hit the translate button for the page. The page gets translated but not the pattern. Are we suppose to use like a symbol translation to make the pattern. Is the actual pattern suppose to translate or do we have to figure it out ourselves? Would appreciate any help. I have seen many patterns that I would love to make, but I am used to a whole pattern written out. It seems like so much more work to have to symbol crochet. Am I wrong about this.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the instructions for the pattern looks like they have been scanned from a magazine in a foreign language (japanese, russian, etc.), it will not translate that page since it is like a picture. I have seen many patterns I would like to do and simply have to use a chart. It is not my favorite thing to do, but I can and will learn to read charts.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks that's what I thought I guess I'll save those patterns for when I want a challenge. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your frustration on Symbols. I did one and took way to longggg. Never did again. Have so many free cute ones. German & Dutch BUT cant get English like them. Good Luck. Ask at Library or Church, community places. maybe some one would br able to help or do for you. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the foreign patterns look a lot more professional, but not into symbol patterns yet. Too many English ones, I will stick with these as I enjoy crocheting. thanks again.