Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Our situation

Post Thanks / Like

Our situation

Hi All,
    I put applications in today and picked up a couple of apps. I was let go from work about a year ago. I had looked for other jobs then but didn't find any. I just put in the apps. today. My husband is working part time. He has health problems. Don't know how much longer he can work. Hopefully a few years yet. We're starting to think about what we are going to do financially as we get older. Before I lost my job I was working about 1 day a week or maybe 2. Some weeks I worked more days. I stayed with the company even when I was working 1 day a week which made a small paycheck even though I got paid every 2 weeks. I'm 52, will be 53 soon and my health is good. My husband is a couple years younger than me. I turn 53 a few months before he has his birthday so maybe it's not quite 2 years between us. Don't want to put any more burdens on you but will you pray for us?
    Jean Marie

2. Likes Butterflyrose, Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will pray for you Jean Marie.
    I think we all need prayer a lot of the time even when we don't ask for it. I kinda need it now myself. Seems like nothing is going my way lately. I am so stressed right now. I had a doctor apptmt and they asked for ID (driver's license) and mine had expired on my birthday in February and I didn't realize it till the nurse told me. Then I couldn't see the doctor ( and he was a new doctor to me) because the license had expired and was no good. I went and got them renewed the same day but That was a blessing in disguise I believe, because after reading the literature they gave me it scared the wits outta me! I didn't want to go to him anyway. I finally got that apptmt cancelled and now it is with another doctor. A few days before that I had lost my debit card and was waiting for a new one. In the meantime I had to write checks for everything I did. (I have the new one now).
    I had a colonoscopy scheduled a while back and that got messed up and was rescheduled and I couldn't use the prep med for that so my money was wasted on that RX. Now I have a new RX for the same med and went to get it yesterday and whoever filled out the RX didn't date it so I can't get it until the pharmacy talks to the doctor and here it is the weekend and the doctor is not in until Monday. MY colonoscopy is scheduled for April 2. The earliest I can get the RX is April 1, the day I start taking it at 5:00 in the evening. That's cutting it really close! Today I will be walking into the hospital for lab work that they need before the colonoscopy. I don't need an apptmt, they said just walk in and go to the information desk and tell them I need lab work. I have been to the doctor Wed, Thur and Friday this past week. I feel like I live there! I have used the nitro twice during the week and had an EKG Thursday that was not the best I guess it is my heart and not indigestion like I thought. I am having an Echo test done on my heart to be sure the replaced Aortic valve is still working properly. I had that surgery 7 years ago in 2008. It could be wearing out , who knows? My apptmt book is filling up again! So maybe while everyone is praying they could say a prayer for me too. Thanks and I love all of you out there that will be praying for me and Jean Marie.Hang in there Jean Marie and remember when God closes a door the opens another one and maybe you will find a better job than the one you had before. Love Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 03-28-2015 at 06:08 AM.

4. Likes Susan2014, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty I dont know what to say to you?? I care a lot for you, as a friend (I hope), CT pals, & Gods Angel to Pray for All in need. You are one gal who needs an extra Hand, friend & what ever can do to make Life a little easier. May I ask Thanks I will hehe, do you go alone to all these unbelievable Appts.??? You should have some one for sure. Im there in spirit and God is as allways what can we do more?? Im ready to shed Tears of Need to help Patty. Prayer and to do more here on home front ( my hubby 90 turns 91 3/02/15 he can be so good 1 day & rest prayers as I cry inside) I feel helpless as no friends or Family to talk or ask anything of. I am Larrys 1 Main help & my Prayers for The Lord to make Live easier & hope Im doing ok. Im wondering sitting alone as you do (I think ? ) must be hard even if you have Kids & Grand Kids & your Bible----You are my Inspiration, hope we can be closer as Im not sure?? I Pray with all I have for some release of all the little things go bad like appts cancelled etc. Love - Hugs- Prayers ))))Susan2014((((

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    I hope you're right that I find a better job that I had before. On April 22 I'm having my 1st colonoscopy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers are going up for you Jean Marie and Patty and anyone else who needs prayer. I was supposed to go to the pain doctor last week to reschedule my procedure but when i got there she had gotten sick and had to go home. I am trying to find another personal physician. I have diabetes and need to have blood work every 3 to 6 months plus am low on vitamin d, I have other things to that need blood work and she hasn't done anything for almost 2 years. My surgeon that did the gall bladder had a complete work done but that was a year ago. She has never scheduled me for a mammogram or anything since my gynecologist left town. I am currently looking for a new one. Patty, I had a colonoscopy scheduled a few years ago. I took the liquid they said to take but before it could take affect I brought it all up. He left so now I have to find someone else who will do one. When I had rectal surgery I just took laxatives and that did the trick. I am always in pain 24/7 with fibro, diabetic neuropathy,and arthritis in the knees and I am very weak on the right side due to the parkinson's disease. Some days it is more difficult for me then others. I don't always ask for prayer because there is so much going on and the Lord is helping me deal with it. I try and stay as active as I can. It is often a struggle but I manage with the Lord's help. I have almost fallen 4 times in the past week because of my right leg and dizziness and light headedness. My personal physician is not even trying to find out why i am getting dizzy and light headed. Both of you have become such wonderful friends just as has everyone else and it is a privilage to pray for you and everyone else.

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan 2014, Hello, I said a prayer for you and your husband.
    Patty, Hello, I said a prayer for you.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, I will be praying for you and your husband. God cares for you and your husband. This, you already know! The gifts that God has for you will come. Be encouraged and strengthened in the Lord knowing that He is in control. I'm praying that God's blessings will chase you down and overtake you. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, I will continue to keep you in my prayers. As you know, God is able. He loves you dearly.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Patty,

I will pray for God to send you angels to help you to meet all your needs. God is able. He loves you!(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,

I will pray for your strength as you care for your husband. Also, special prayers for your health and well-being, for you are doing a wondrous work for the Lord. Please know that God cares for you. May you be filled with the JOY of the LORD! Sending you lots of (((HUGS))) for the commitment you have made!~Butterflyrose~