Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

grandson took his first steps

I just talked to my son and he was telling me that Caiden took his first steps the other day. He took six steps on his own. When he was here he had an empty box just a few days before and he pulled himself up took hold of the end of the box and started pushing it around all by himself then he would turn the box around and go the other way. We knew then that it would not be long before he would be walking on his own. He is doing much better and gaining weight a little at a time. I just thank the Lord for answering all the prayers that were sent on my grandson's behalf. He is a good little boy although he is at the age where he is into everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray! Caiden is walking...he'll be your 'lil shadow now!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta I am so excited for you. That 1st step is so precious. Wait till he can get outside. Did you get snow last night. Minnesota (Mpls) got 7: where I am. Gaiden want to play in a igloo ??
    God Bless him & Gramma to

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    That is always exciting when they take that first step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Sonnetta I am so excited for you. That 1st step is so precious. Wait till he can get outside. Did you get snow last night. Minnesota (Mpls) got 7: where I am. Gaiden want to play in a igloo ??
    God Bless him & Gramma to

Susan2014
    No we didn't get any snow last night but it started snowing here just a few minutes ago. It is just a light snow. sticking to the railing but not on the grass or street.
    I imagine he will be all over the place outside this summer. Will have to really keep an eye on him now

Post Thanks / Like
    What wonderful news!!! He is going to be zipping around so much now. Love hearing good news like that.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Since starting the new meds for his disease he has not had to be in the hospital at all. They take him to children's hospital in Cincinnati about once or twice a month but he get to stay at the hotel with his parents. He just gets blood work done and xrays done there until they see how things go then he won't have to go anymore. The meds are working real well with him. He did have to have a tube put in his ears because he is prone to ear infections.