Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I'm new!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face I'm new!

My name is Dawn and I'm from Red Bud IL. I just recently started crocheting after not picking up a hook since I was 15. I have a friend who is helping me to learn and retrain my brain. I didn't learn much when I was 15 so just doing the single crochet and double crochet was about my limit at 15. Now I am downloading patterns for potential future projects and about to learn some new stitches so that I can make those future projects a reality. Hoping to find lots of advice from this site and from my friend. Looking forward to updating folks on my progress. Happy Hooking Everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dawn and welcome. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Dawn. I am Susie Ann from Wisconsin. Enjoy the site and happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Houston, Texas. You are among a group of wonderful crocheters.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dawn
    You sound like me...I learned to crochet when I was about 8 and I crocheted into my early teens but my friends though it to be "old farty" LOL.... so, to stay with the crowd I stopped doing it! How stupid was I???? I began again after my first baby was born when I was 24. So that was a while ago.....I am now 60!! and so glad I picked it up again. I make lots of Christmas presents ....amigurumi toys for my grandkids and novelty things for my assistants at work. (I am a dance teacher and I have assistants with the larger younger classes) Crochet is a great way to give a "one of a kind" gift to someone. Something special.

Currently I am working on a Double Wedding Ring Quilt for my daughter's best friend who is getting married this June. Her bridal shower is the end of April and I wanted to give her something that she will remember me by. Everyone will give her house hold items, but a handmade item is always remembered!

Looking forward to get to know you ....I am from Central NY State...where we still are getting snow!!!

Teri
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. You came to a good place to learn new stitches and patterns