Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Tunisian Crochet Hooks

I've got 2 long hooks for Tunisian Crochet but they're so awkward I can't really use them. I bought them at Walmart, they're metal and they're each about 14 inches long. I hold my hook like a pencil and it makes it very difficult to use such a long hook.

Does anyone know if there are shorter Tunisian hooks available to buy? Am I the only one who has such a difficult time using these long hooks?

Crocheting the Day Away: Tunisian Crochet How-To… Basic Tunisian Crochet Stitch

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they do make them smaller, I was just looking at a couple I had (double ended though) and they were 10 inches. I googled Tunisian Crochet hooks and a whole bunch of things came up. Some were 6" with a cord. Not sure what you are looking for so I am adding the link in case (this is for Tunisian hook sizes).
    [url]https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tunisian+hook+sizes[/url]

The second link is also googled, this is just Tunisian hook -
    [url]https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tunisian+hook[/url]

Hope I haven't confused you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the links, Roe! There are several sets on Amazon that are very inexpensive. I think the bamboo hooks might work better for me, since they're a much lighter weight than the aluminum hooks. It looks like several of them have a string with a stopper attached for the opposite end from the hook end.

Thanks again!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    The longer Tunisian crochet hooks are awkward to work with for me, too. Once I get a rhythm going, my fingers begin to hurt because I am holding the crochet hook so tightly. I find the shorter Tunisian crochet hook with the cord works just as well in holding stitches.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome. One of these days (in my spare time) I am going to try Tunisian.

Roe