Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Prayers for my Favorite Uncle

Hey Y'all, I'm not at all religious even though I pray continuously for my loved ones and friends. And now I'm asking for your prayers.

My Uncle Doug is 81 years old. He's a severe alcoholic and he fell a few days ago. Because of all his drinking, my Aunt Fannie just assumed he was passed out. And she left him laying there overnight. Well it turns out he broke his neck in 2 places. He had a 5-1/2 hour surgery yesterday and needs another surgery to remove a huge blood clot in his neck. He's on a ventilator so he can breathe and today we found out he has pneumonia in both lungs. His doctors aren't sure if he'll be paralyzed from bruising his spinal cord. He can move his arms but not his legs.

Anyway, he's my very favorite uncle and I love him dearly. My aunt is a wreck right now. She had no idea he was hurt so bad when she left him laying on the ground. Bless both their hearts.

Love and hugs,

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dear Shelley Im saddened by your terrible news about Uncle Ben, Praying he can pull thru with Drs & Gods Hands Healing over him. My what a terrible thing for your Aunt Fannie to have this lying over her head. Is some one with her at all times. Praying as I do & a Rosary said. How far away are you from them? Im so sad and praying for a miracle, with his trouble self & booze its a Hard one BUT Prayers from me 2 times a day at least & thoughts of him & Aunt Fannie, God Bless them & you. xxx Hugs susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, thank you sweet lady for your prayers. I live almost 500 miles away from them. They're in South Carolina. My parents are with them along with our huge family. There are so many who love and adore my Uncle Doug. He's a very special person and so is my Aunt Fannie.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I am praying for your uncle, aunt, family and you. Please know that God cares.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Shelley I am so sorry to hear of your uncles condition. God can do anything the bible says He can do above what we can ever ask or think so we will be praying His Devine healing for your uncle and peace and comfort for your aunt. I had a really close aunt and uncle like that they were like second parents and their children are like brothers and sisters to us, my Indiana cousins!!! I know your heart is heavy I will be praying for you also. Love and prayers Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!! I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle Doug. My thoughts and prayers are with him and your aunt, unfortunately, when there is alcoholism in a family, you become so used to things, you don't think twice if they seem to be passed out. She is not to blame herself. Thinking of all of them and you too. The Lord will take care of all of them.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, I am so very sorry to hear about your uncle. I will keep your family and your uncle in my prayers. God is a wonderful healer. A prayer was just said for you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for all your kind and caring prayers. Uncle Doug still cannot move his legs, but he is able to move his arms and head, which is a wonderful thing. Although he's heavily sedated, his doctors are able to ween him off oxygen. He's still on a respirator so he's unable to speak, but he knows who his family is, and that they're there with him. He's still in ICU and I'm sure he'll be there for a while, especially since he still needs that second surgery to remove a huge blood clot in his neck.

Thank you again everyone.

Love,

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, I had a sleepless night last night so I was able to pray for your uncle, you and the whole family. You have really been on my heart praying for peace and comfort for you all and healing for your uncle Doug. Love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I just talked to my mom and they're going to take my Uncle Doug off the ventilator on Monday (tomorrow), which is good news. He was on it for 70% of his breathing and now he's only using it for 40%. He's breathing on his own around the ventilator, but it's not enough to take him off it today. Even though he can't move his legs, he has feeling in them.

Thank you again for all your prayers!

Shelley