Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocheting Zombies

Hi to those who are up at night! There are many nights when I can't sleep, and I bet I've got lots of company on crochettalk. If I'm not to short on sleep I will crochet, however the next day I'm pulling out what I did during the night. But I need to do something! Some of my friends think I'm a little crazy because if I'm to tired to get out the needles and yarn, I have washed floors, washed dishes, put away dishes from dishwasher, put in a load of laundry or any thing else I can find to do. The only people who understand are others who can't sleep, thus the crocheting Zombies! Any one else have a lack of sleep! We could start a talking Zombie Group, Lol!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    How funny! I do my best stuff - sewing, crocheting, knitting - in the middle of the night! No phones, definitely no TV, just night sounds drifting through the night. Even my cat is sleeping and not begging for attention.

You mentioned in another thread that "Beauty is not Perfect." The thoughts flashed through my mind of all the myths of the deliberate flaws incorporated in rugs, paintings, pottery, etc., which are meant to show that only God can create perfection and for man to claim to do so reeks of arrogance. I liked your use of that phrase.

3. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the Japenses believe that nothing is perfect. My work is far from that! But I love to make something that others like or can use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well , it 3:10 am and we are supposed to get snow again but It will melt quickly I'm going back to bed shortly , the time I went to bed to night I was out like a light. So no crocheting tonight. One of my friend called me a few days ago and I tried to act natural, but I was incoherent and kept dozing off. She was really worried so I had to tell her I was not able to sleep and if I miss lots I fall asleep talking to people. I did this a lot after one of my free replacement. Any way I actually feel much better now! Good night

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladyella, as a sleepless in Ky. zombie I certainly relate to your post!! I don't go to sleep then wake up I just can't go to sleep. There are many nights I can't go to sleep until 4-5-6 in the morning. I am not an envious person except for this I do envy people that can go to bed and go right to sleep. I think one of my problems is just winding down from the day especially the stressful days!! Which are way too many lately!! Sometimes it's pain that keeps me awake and I just can't get comfortable enough to fall asleep. You are so right about people that don't have this problem just do not understand and they will tell you well don't drink caffeine too late, don't snack too late, drink warm milk, make sure your bedroom is cool and your bed not too soft!! Excuse me people don't you think I have tried every trick in the book and it just doesn't work for me??? Maybe you are right and we should start a Zombie group but I prefer a sleepless in ( your city) group!!!! Have a good day maybe take a nap!! Love Winnie

7. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie, I like your idea about saying Sleepless in (name of you city) but I don't know how to change the title, but could just start using the post like that and see what happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    Hi Winnie, I like your idea about saying Sleepless in (name of you city) but I don't know how to change the title, but could just start using the post like that and see what happen.
    I agree. Sleepless in _______ (fill in the blank) sounds better than zombie, lol!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like

Sleepless in Winnipeg

Well I broke my own pattern. After sleepless for 3 nights, I slept like a baby last night. Although I know that won't last long!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great, good for you!! Maybe you just needed to talk about it so we all can pray for you :-) On the other hand I didn't get to sleep until after 5am !!! That's with running back and forth to rehab, errans and housework no time for naps :-(. Pray you have another good night tonight love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie, I think you are right about somethings. If you can talk about it to someone it bother you less.♥