Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone!!

I want to thank all of you who have been praying for Laura and for me The Lord is answering your prayers!! Laura is now at the Gateway Rehabilitation Hospital here in Florence really close for me to get there big answer to prayer that they were able to get her a bed there. She is still in a lot of pain in her right leg and hip. They did X-rays yesterday and see no reason for the pain, no add'l fractures, but she has a lot of arthritis in her hip. The dr said it could be residual pain from the nerves being pinched for so long but praise the Lord nothing more serious. Her back pain is about 50% better now. We are praying she can do what she needs to do to strengthen her good leg and upper body. We did find out that she had osteoporosis which she had never been told before so that plus the steroids she has to take for her lung Desease is what caused the fractures to her back and the dr said she will have to be very careful bc she now has brittle bones. I thank God for the good care she has recieved so far and I know Gateway is top notch rehab hospital. So thanks again to all of you I love you all Winnie

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes Barbara G., little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank God for his healing hands! I'm so glad to see someone get any relief from misery, and poor Laura has some serious health issues. I can so relate to chronic pain for my whole adult life. I once thought Fibromylagia was the worst pain I ever endured until the osteoarthritis got so bad, now it's all I can do to walk or move except to sit and crochet with my elbows close to my body and my moist heat packs on.

I've had to adjust my whole life around it, and one or two things are bad but with all of that combined, my life is where I have days I cannot function at all, but when I can, I go crochet crazy and make everything I can until I crash & burn, even tho my wrists and shoulders have gotten worse I will not stop.

Crochet is my therapy and lifeline to creativity and I need that in my life as an outlet for myself like I used to have for a great man years. My husband said that since I started crocheting he feels like he got his happy 'bride' back from 1992! Of course not really, but it's a nice thought for him to say! I refuse to let pain consume an control me, every day that I can fight it, I will, minute by minute by the Grace of the Lord. My payers are with you, Laura, and family!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-20-2015 at 12:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, may Laura continue to be blessed with good care and healing.

Love and hugs,

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Winnie, I am so glad to hear that Laura is doing better. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her and all she is going through. My thoughts are with her.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, I am so glad Laura is in the right place for her rehab. It sounds like prayers are being answered favorably for her and you. God is good!!! I am sorry she is still in such pain. I pray God will touch her with His healing hands and remove more of her pain. My daily prayers will continue for both of you. Love you, girlfriend!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie I am so happy to hear about Laura. I know what it is like to be in pain all the time. I have pain 24 hours a day. I have trouble getting up and down steps, I can only clean one side of a room at a time, hurts to walk and stand. I am going to keep Laura and you in my prayers

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, I'm so glad to hear this praise report concerning Laura. I will continue to pray for her healing and for you as her caregiver. May you be encouraged and strengthened in the Lord. Please know that I care.(((HUGS)))~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to know she's getting good care. I'm continuin to oral for you & Laura!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    I want to thank all of you who have been praying for Laura and for me The Lord is answering your prayers!! Laura is now at the Gateway Rehabilitation Hospital here in Florence really close for me to get there big answer to prayer that they were able to get her a bed there. She is still in a lot of pain in her right leg and hip. They did X-rays yesterday and see no reason for the pain, no add'l fractures, but she has a lot of arthritis in her hip. The dr said it could be residual pain from the nerves being pinched for so long but praise the Lord nothing more serious. Her back pain is about 50% better now. We are praying she can do what she needs to do to strengthen her good leg and upper body. We did find out that she had osteoporosis which she had never been told before so that plus the steroids she has to take for her lung Desease is what caused the fractures to her back and the dr said she will have to be very careful bc she now has brittle bones. I thank God for the good care she has recieved so far and I know Gateway is top notch rehab hospital. So thanks again to all of you I love you all Winnie
    Praise the Lord Winnie,so happy to hear.we love you too jean

Post Thanks / Like
    I too, am thankful for a good recovery! Scooters