Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for this Granny Square Pattern...Help ?

Any help would be appreciated in finding this pattern. Thank you in advance. Caryn Joy
    Looking for this Granny Square Pattern...Help ?-granny-block-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t know where the pattern may be but I have corcheted for over 58 years. From just looking at it I would say

Chain 4, join to make a circle. Chain 3 (counts as 1st dc,) 15 dc in circle (total 16 sts)

Round 1...Chain 4, dc in same stitch as joining. (counts as dc, ch 1, dc) *(Skip one stitch, (dc, ch 1, Dc) in next st. (2nd “V” st made) Repeat from *around, join to 3rd chain of starting chain... Total 8 “V” sts.

Round 2...Slip st into center of “V” st, chain 3, (counts as first dc) 1 dc. ch 2, 2 dc all in same space, sc in space between “V” stitches, in center of next “V” st work (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc in space between the “V” stitches). Working pattern around you should have 8 groups of (2dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in the center of the V stitches and 1 single crochet between each group. Join.

Round 3...Slip st to the center of your first group, (chain 1, 2 sc, chain 3). In next “V” work *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 3) corner made. In next “V” st work (3 sc, chain 3) for side. Work pattern from * around, join. You should have 4 corners with a 3 sc group between each corner forming a square.

Round 4....Single crochet in each dc, and work 3 single crochet in each three chain space to corner working 4 single crochet in each corner 2 ch space.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by DorisAnn; 03-19-2015 at 08:08 AM.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

3. Thanks Carynjoyb thanked for this post
    Likes missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carynjoyb , I put this picture in my Picture folder and printed it and I am going to try to figure it out for myself. Do you crochet well enough to figure out things if I would say form a ring, make 16 DC's in the ring and then make 8 ch6's in every other Dc, etc. That is the way I am starting to figure it out!!!I will let you know if I figure it out! OK? I do this kind of thing all the time if I see a square I like but don't actually have the pattern.I may not figure it out but we will see. XOXOXOXO, Patty

PS Check out in the picture forum. I posted what I have come up with. I don't think it is exact but pretty close maybe.
    Last edited by redhead; 03-19-2015 at 02:54 PM.

5. Thanks Carynjoyb thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisAnn View Post
    Don’t know where the pattern may be but I have corcheted for over 58 years. From just looking at it I would say

Chain 4, join to make a circle. Chain 3 (counts as 1st dc,) 15 dc in circle (total 16 sts)

Round 1...Chain 4, dc in same stitch as joining. (counts as dc, ch 1, dc) *(Skip one stitch, (dc, ch 1, Dc) in next st. (2nd “V” st made) Repeat from *around, join to 3rd chain of starting chain... Total 8 “V” sts.

Round 2...Slip st into center of “V” st, chain 3, (counts as first dc) 1 dc. ch 2, 2 dc all in same space, sc in space between “V” stitches, in center of next “V” st work (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc, sc in space between the “V” stitches). Working pattern around you should have 8 groups of (2dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in the center of the V stitches and 1 single crochet between each group. Join.

Round 3...Slip st to the center of your first group, (chain 1, 2 sc, chain 3). In next “V” work *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc, ch 3) corner made. In next “V” st work (3 sc, chain 3) for side. Work pattern from * around, join. You should have 4 corners with a 3 sc group between each corner forming a square.

Round 4....Single crochet in each dc, and work 3 single crochet in each three chain space to corner working 4 single crochet in each corner 2 ch space.

Hope this helps.
    Looks pretty good to me! I have a post too that might help. Between the 2 of us maybe we will figure it out. Good luck! Patty

7. Thanks Carynjoyb thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It almost looks like something SmoothFox would do (she has a blog and I have used a couple of her squares when I was able to do the granny square exchange). Very pretty and thanks for writing out the directions.

Roe

9. Likes Carynjoyb, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope this helps.
    Hi, Doris Ann . . . it sure is terrific to see you again!

You nailed it. I followed your instructions for the square and it turned out exactly right! Looks just like Caryn Joy's.
    Last edited by Poinciana; 03-19-2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: misspelled Doris Ann's name. :(
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

11. Thanks DorisAnn thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DorisAnn;162275]Don’t know where the pattern may be but I have corcheted for over 58 years. From just looking at it I would say

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Just copied and pasted into WordPad and saved in my documents. Thanks so much, couldn't find the square.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you Doris Ann,
    I will be trying this in a couple of hours.
    I will post when I finish.
    Caryn Joy

Hope this helps.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DorisAnn,
    Thank you for the instructions for this lovely square! I will save it and will definitely make this one!!

Carynjoyb,
    Thanks for posting your question. I'm always looking for new square patterns and this one is beautiful!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

15. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post