Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Prayers for my Daughter and Me.

I would like to ask prayer for my Daughter and me. It is a long story but my daughter says I am to much trouble and is insisting I am going to an Assisted living place. I don't want to go and I can't afford it.. So I am moving up to tennessee to be by my SIL. That is where I will be buried, beside Marina's Daddy. I will be moving April 15th. I hired a moving van to move me up there. The big problem is I have to drive there and haven't driven much lately and and on top of that my Drivers licence has expired and can't get Drivers licence. I can't get drivers licence in this state because of all their rules, I cannot get my Divorce papers from 1st husband. In Tenn I can get drivers licence easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice I am so sorry to hear you have to move again. How far is it from where you are to your sil in Tn ?? Laura and I checked into a place like that but we would be in the independent living section bc I can take care of Laura. It is very expensive even for the independent living place. I will be praying for you love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Janice I am so sorry to hear you have to move again. How far is it from where you are to your sil in Tn ?? Laura and I checked into a place like that but we would be in the independent living section bc I can take care of Laura. It is very expensive even for the independent living place. I will be praying for you love Winnie
    Thank you Winnie, it is only 174 miles from where I'm at now. I am so worried because my drivers licence is expired. It is nearly impossible to get a Drivers licence in Ga. I always wanted to move back to Tenn. But I am going to miss my grandkids. But it will be a lot simpler when I die, I will already be here. Funerals are expensive enough without having to ship me down there on top of it. I am going to be buried up there with Marina's Daddy.

My daughter wants me in the assisted living and it is no more than a nursing home.
    Thanks Winnie I appreciate the prayers.
    How is your sister doing? I hope she is in less pain today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Meerkat,
    Maybe your daughter feels that she cant always be there to take care of you or know how to take care of you. Maybe she feels that something might happen and you would need someone to take care of you. She might be just thinking of your own well being-what is best for you.

On the other hand. you probably want to be independent as long as you can- to be able to take care of yourself.

I pray that you and your daughter work things out to where both of you are happy.

Maybe I shouldn't be sending this . Let me know if I'm out of line. Praying for you.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is part of it. But she said some awful things to me, which were completely untrue. Things I can't forgive her for.
    I told her she has been away for 25 years and she didn't know what happened or didn't happen, because she didn't care to find out. She called once a month and she didn't want me to talk about anything that was going on. I think it is better to be away from her we just can't get along living close to each other. But I sure am going to miss my Grandchildren.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh MeerKat, I am so sorry that your daughter feels that way. I only wish you the best and that you will be happy wherever you decide to relocate. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and know what you want and as long as you can take care of yourself, you need to do what is best. I hope I am explaining myself clearly and not upsetting you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dear Janice, What can I say as your friends on here now have said it all. I hope you can get it figured out for Driving back home? My Prayers are said each day & night. My hubbys fallen 2 times in last 3 1/2 weeks so busy There. Im feeling sad to think I have'nt known how its been. I was thinking Marinas there God Bring her to her sense's. Grand kids are truely a sad sad loss. They can write or call?? Please keep us updated. Hugs & Woof from my Meowers to you & Baby. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I can take care of myself my biggest problem is walking, I can walk for only 15 to 20 minutes at a time. Then I have to rest. So it is hard for me to get my groceries. That was all I had her doing. When I had to go to the Dr. I take a bus as not to bother her.
    I do ask her to do a few stuff I can't figure out. She is suppose to do my income tax, but she won'y know. Don't know where I get it done. But it isn't like I don't do stuff for her when I can. She hit a deer and it destroyed her car. So I bought her on, it wasn't brand new but it has been getting her around for a few years. Chris hit a deer and totaled out his car and I bought him a car. I bought there daughter a car so she can help Marina out. His job is a very low paying job and I have fed them for the last year I bought all there groceries and all there gas. When I first came down she had to do a lot for me, like get all utilities turned on. They came and got me from Il. But I think I have paid more than enough for that. I don't say anything about what they spend on groceries or gas. But I am to much trouble. My SIL said I spoilt her to much and I guess I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry about your husband. Does he use a Walker?, He should. It might break a hip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, MeerKat. So sorry to hear of your troubles, and I will certainly pray for you. You don't need this emotional stress and pain. I will pray for your strength, comfort and peace. I will ask God to keep His strong, loving, protective arms around you, and to help you find forgiveness in your heart for your daughter. Only when you forgive her will you find peace in your heart. Lots of hugs and prayers to you.