Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Laura/New Update

The doctor just told Laura she has 2 breaks at 3rd and 5th vertebraes !! They are doing surgey Monday at 1:30 it will be the needle surgey where they like cement the cushion between the vertebrae. The dr said it can be caused by osteoarthritis but also from steroids which she is on for her lung Desease. I appreciate your concern for her and your prayers Thank you so much love you all Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds just like what my friend had, and she was feeling good in 6 weeks instead of 6 months like the old fashion surgery.
    God Bless both of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Janice that is encouraging to hear. Have a good day love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, that sounds like a spinal fusion. When my mom had a fusion in her lower back, she had to wear a hard brace around her torso for about a month. Will Laura have to wear a brace, also? This was about 12 years ago and they may do things differently now.

I have a fusion in my neck and I'm stalling a second one with a plate in the front. Mine is fused with a piece of bone they took out of my hip.

May Laura (and you too!) be blessed.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, I need to talk to her dr bc I don't know what exactly is going to go on Laura may not remember precisely what he said. I hope she doesn't have to wear a brace with having to sit in her chair or wheelchair I think that would be pretty uncomfortable!! Ttyl love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    When my friend had her back done she didn't have to wear a brace. They have come along ways when it comes to your back.
    But they have come along ways in a lot of medicine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending good wishes and prayers her way for a successful procedure and a good recovery.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell Laura that she will be in my thoughts and prayers! Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending prayers for you and Laura...

Post Thanks / Like
    I can feel Laura's pain. In the late 80's, I was in a terrible car accident. A man turned right into me without looking and I had 3 fractures in my neck. I ended up having 3 pins in my neck & I had a semi-cast on my neck so that I couldn't turn it and cause more damage. I had taught Kindergarten for 20 years by that time & that was my "dream job" since I was a little girl. Unfortunately, the man that caused the accident was an illegal alian and had no insurance at all so I had to end up sueing my own insurance company to help pay for damage to the car and all of of my medical bills. To this day, I have catastrophic migraines almost every day. I was unable to teach anymore and depression set in for years until I became a "Christian"! "Praise the Lord"! I have a feeling that a lot of women & men at "Crochet Talk" are Christians as well. God Bless each & every one of you!
    Last edited by Scooters; 03-14-2015 at 12:24 PM.