Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question on Simply Soft Yarn?

My niece and I would like to know if anyone can tell me what you think of how well Simply soft yarn wears used on something that is wash a lot. How does it hold up? We had one store that told us that they don't carry it
    because it doesn't hold up well under usage. Can any one verify or repute this comment? Like how would it hold up used in a baby blanket that is washed a lot.
    Thank you now for any help with your comments
    Charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Moms who have baby articles made of Simply Soft have reported how pleased they are with the ongoing washing/drying of them. Simply Soft is one of my fave yarns!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. Simply soft is perfect for baby items. I wouldn't use anything else. Not only does it wash well its gentle and soft on the little ones. I always make a matching lovey for the baby set(s). Gives them a little something to snuggle with when mom washes the blanket.
    Blessings,
    Kiti

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Simply Soft a lot and have had no issues of any kind. I wash mine in cold water and hang dry but I have occasionally dried stuff in the dryer, on low, when I'm in a hurry and things have always come out beautifully. It's easy to work with and comes in such lovely colors. I have had issues with some baby yarns though.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a "lovey" I have not heRd this term? Thanks, Toni

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a few skeins of this yarn a few months ago and made my mom an infinity scarf. It tended to split on me. I loved it though, and because it's so soft I can see that it would make lovely baby items. Maybe I just picked up a few skeins from a bad lot?? Because of all the great comments from others who love working with it, I'll buy more and try it again. I make a lot of baby items.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mttoni View Post
    What is a "lovey" I have not heRd this term? Thanks, Toni

Toni, these are baby lovies

crochet baby lovies - Bing Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Simply Soft but the yarn tends to split when I crochet. I just have to be careful how I insert my crochet hook to eliminate this problem. Otherwise, I like the feel of the yarn and it washes well.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I agree with everything everyone else has posted about Simply Soft. It is very soft, it does split a lot, and it does wear well. I usually don't recommend it to beginner crocheters because of the splitting, but I have certainly used it a lot over the years and I have never been disappointed with it. It's actually much easier to work with than some of the other baby yarns, like the Bernat baby yarn. Actually, it's easier to work with than Homespun or Landscapes or Unforgettable too. There really are a lot of yarns out there that do have their issues for crocheting with them, but most do wear and hold up well. The Homespun is probably the one that is the worst of the bunch for how it holds up.
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes a big difference for me which type of hook I used with Simply Soft yarn. I used a Boye hook and it worked much better than a Susan Bates.

Shelley