Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you convert PDF File?

I am having a terrible time trying to convert this PDF file. It says it has to be opened with Adobe. I have it downloaded. But it says in order to use Adobe reader I have to pay $89. I just paid $200 getting these files now I have to pay $89 to read it? Are am I doing something wrong.

I am trying to get my Georgia Drivers licence and they passed a new law that if I been married before and I have 2 times before that I have to have my marriage licence and Divorce decree from my first husband. Marriage licence and death certificate from my second husband and marriage licence to my husband who just past away. This state is the only state you have to do that. I didn't keep all those records. So I had to go online and get them and altogether it cost me $200 now Adobe wants me to pay $89 just so I can copy to take to the Drivers place. I am just about ready to move out of this state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I am having a terrible time trying to convert this PDF file. It says it has to be opened with Adobe. I have it downloaded. But it says in order to use Adobe reader I have to pay $89. I just paid $200 getting these files now I have to pay $89 to read it? Are am I doing something wrong.

I am trying to get my Georgia Drivers licence and they passed a new law that if I been married before and I have 2 times before that I have to have my marriage licence and Divorce decree from my first husband. Marriage licence and death certificate from my second husband and marriage licence to my husband who just past away. This state is the only state you have to do that. I didn't keep all those records. So I had to go online and get them and altogether it cost me $200 now Adobe wants me to pay $89 just so I can copy to take to the Drivers place. I am just about ready to move out of this state.
    Hold on, MeerKat, and I'll get you the link to help you with that PDF file. And incidentally... Florida has the same law. My sis just renewed and had to go through all that...(and she's been married and divorced three times, geez) She was told it got started with Homeland Security...they have to document every name change she went through with supporting documentation, to prove EXACTLY who she is! It's tough to be a native-born citizen...I think illegal aliens have an easier time...

Be right back with that help for you!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to this link and download this program. Save it and all future PDF files you download will be done with PDF Exchange file...you can save them, edit them, email them, etc.

It's a free program ... it's the one I use and I highly recommend it.

PDF-XChange Viewer - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Illegal aliens are the ones that have it easy. Maybe if we make them citizens they will have all the problems we have. They just might want to go back.
    I love your little saying on you post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Point. I appreciate this, I have been married 3 times also, but only divorced once, widowed 2 times.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Adobe Reader XI right now and never had to pay for it. Was a free download, many sites that offers files (like pdf) often advise to download the free adobe reader.

And I have been married twice, divorced the first one, second hubby died. Guess I am under the wire, but heavens, if you receive social security and they accept the current name, why should the DMV's be different? Doesn't make sense to me.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what I don't understand. Well I got it opened, and it is basicly blank just has my name and my X's name but nothing else. I paid $56 for this copy and got taken.
    I am ready to move out of Georgia and move to Tennessee, that is where I wanted to go in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat-same laws in NJ for driver's license. But we also have to prove residence by tax bill,utility bill,bank statement,etc. Take a deep breath,count to ten and be glad women can drive here. It's a lot worse in lots of places in the world!