Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Rememeber the toilet LID cover I got stuck on round 4 on several wks aog???

No 2 lid cover is almost done. I ran out of worsted weight white on that one in mid-project but then I got a pound of it for $5.00 at the local factory warehouse. Mainly it's a place for wholesale selling to people with retailer's licenses, they sell mountains of fabric and all sewing materials that you can think of there. Yarn is their little afterthought, and they have a big new rack of yarn filled with tons of choices at $1, 2, 3 and 5.00 per skein. Most skeins there are generic label, saying 'Acrylic Mill End', it's super quality yarn, but the surprise yarn to read about in the 3-20 blog post, I got at the bargain price of $2.00, reg 6.99 average retail. It had the brand label on, my 1st Bernat.

The public can go in there only 3 days per month so also I got elastic, snaps, a few beads & my cloche hat big wooden button from a barrel, 2 pieces of material sold in 18" X 18" 'fat quarters' at $1.25 each for handbag lining and such (I put some of that under my white lid covers to match the bathroom colors), that way my lid covers can be white to change the material underneath when I change bathroom colors. A really fun day for me... getting to GO some place, my husband took me and helps me look for things since the place is so big, was a thrill in itself, then finding those bargains and a great new yarn that was so affordable made for a fantastic day for me, so I can finish this worsted weight cover and use that other new yarn!

This worsted weight cover won't need elastic like the cotton one did. I like both of them tho, the cotton and the worsted weight, it's a pretty pattern. I'm done with #1 lid but I discovered that our toilets are much larger than any of the 2 sizes she said it would fit! She also has a smaller standard toilet cover pattern. I had to add more rounds to accommodate our bigger size, and even tho there's a couple more rounds than needed under the lid with elastic through it, that really just makes it fit better.

The cotton cover has regular white elastic ($1.00 from the warehouse) through the open chain spaces, and I'm going to permanently tack a 'fat square' piece of coordinating material under it so it will show up more than white yarn on white porcelain. Those squares like that are being sold again that they used to sell, to line handbags and such, so you don't have to buy much more material than you need, plus that's about all the material that some places carry now.

Here are some pics here of my remodeled bath with my new curtain and toilet lid cover, but I'll blog about it more on my site Friday and post the pattern for it too.

Rememeber the toilet LID cover I got stuck on round 4 on several wks aog???-tlc1-jpg

Rememeber the toilet LID cover I got stuck on round 4 on several wks aog???-tf1-jpg

Rememeber the toilet LID cover I got stuck on round 4 on several wks aog???-b1-jpg

Rememeber the toilet LID cover I got stuck on round 4 on several wks aog???-tlc4-jpg

Rememeber the toilet LID cover I got stuck on round 4 on several wks aog???-lidup1-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Rememeber the toilet LID cover I got stuck on round 4 on several wks aog???-cancur1-jpg 
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-20-2015 at 11:15 PM.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan you did a very nice job in the BR. Like your curtain to. Lid is so pretty. With my 2 men I dont know?? Its very nice.

Susan2014

4. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks great
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, you did a nice job of coordinating the colors in your bathroom. That is a nice pattern for the lid cover. I'm with Susan2014 about the men. I had two boys......
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Susan, you did a nice job of coordinating the colors in your bathroom. That is a nice pattern for the lid cover. I'm with Susan2014 about the men. I had two boys......
    One big thing is that these covers keep the porcelin top from ever dropping too hard by accident, and with my health problems things like that are heavy. Those cost a fortune of they crack! I had a son, stepson and husband, always had flat washable lid covers like this on... no one ever tinkled on top of the lid or even splashed the inside of the lid, esp with these big oval toilets. Out toilets are much bigger than the normal oval ones. My husband tried his new one out already and has no problem, the lid stays up and no splash went up THAT high, lol... I'll wash it if it does get wet, I love my lid. Better than just plain with nothing on it, I hate a big echoey bathroom with much cushioning for noise! It makes a beautiful 10 or so point star doily if you stop at round 6 I think it is, so I made one of those and it's really pretty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Susan.
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    love it all.. the curtain is wonderful as well!

Post Thanks / Like

The oval toilet lid.

Hey susan I am glad you figured it out. I got the pattern and haven't ever got around to trying it out yet. I have been crocheting ponchos and head bands for keeping the ears warm, I have my 5 names' squares made for arand almost ready to mail, and am working on 3 big afghan for 3 grandsons beds and then yesterday my hip and knee hurt so bad I took 3 Tylenol and laid down on the sofa and slept all afternoon. My leg is still hurting today. I don't know when if I will ever get to the toilet lid cover! Now something just happened to the screen and I don't know if I can even get this posted! XOXOXOXO. Patty

PS I guess it did post ok!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your toilet cover pattern. I have never seen one like it. I like your curtain, too. I don't have a window in my bathroom but I have crocheted a toilet seat cover, some doll tissue covers, things like that. Have also crocheted wash cloths for my bathroom also. I like them better than store bought.

12. Likes trueblue2007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    I love your toilet cover pattern. I have never seen one like it. I like your curtain, too. I don't have a window in my bathroom but I have crocheted a toilet seat cover, some doll tissue covers, things like that. Have also crocheted wash cloths for my bathroom also. I like them better than store bought.
    Thank you so much Wabashwoman! I'd love to see some of your work if you can post it. I myself don't have a digital camera but I use my husband's laptop, it's kind of a pain to do to get it to my computer and then edit and crop it, but I get some pics from time to time. I hope you'll check out my blog site for projects, techniques, stitches, patterns, other people's crochet pieces, and a lot ore. Check out today's, March 20, post if you want to!

3-20-15 FridayFlowers;MakeCurlyCues;CrochetLessons/Techniques/3rdLoopHDC/Joining/SurfaceCrochet;AnatomyOfaStitch;YarnReview;Picking YarnForProjects | Soul Shine Creations By Susan