Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

poncho and afghan

Here is a picture of my poncho and afghan that I am working on. I think I need to use better yarn on the poncho so it will drape prettier on a person. It seem so stiff to me. poncho and afghan-dsc06883-jpgponcho and afghan-dsc06884-jpgponcho and afghan-dsc06880-jpgponcho and afghan-dsc06881-jpgponcho and afghan-dsc06882-jpg This shows both sides of the poncho I tried to get a picture of me with the poncho on and the only way I could get it is with me in front to a mirror. I need to get a new mirror! (or a new camera man) Anyway I guess you get the idea. Love Patty

PS ADDED A BLACK FRINGE ON THE BOTTOM AND IT REALLY SET IT OFF. I have one more made...one of two that I am making and selling to a momma and daughter. They will be about the same size as the dau is a teenager. I have the black fringe done except for just six at the end and will have to buy one skein of black to finish it! The dau is going to have hers in a different color with different fringe color. Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 03-30-2015 at 08:00 AM.

2. Likes Susan2014, karenlatlas, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it. And the drape looks just fine.
    ---HarriEtta

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty I had to smile when I saw that crack in Mirror, we have exact thing only opposite way. I wish I had at least a phone to take photos like you. Love Love the Poncho. The colors suit you. Thanks for sharing. Susan2014

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a stunning poncho. I think it looks great and drapes very well. You wear it very well. And I think the pictures are really cool.

Roe

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty, wow what a terrific, bright and cheery poncho!! I love it and it looks great on you. Have a good night love Winnie

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, you did a great job and created a wonderful poncho. It looks awesome on you! Pretty lady too!

Shelley

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished putting a black fringe on my poncho and will try to get my son to take another picture ( with me wearing it) I love it because it makes it longer but I don't think I would ever have made it in modeling school! Love, redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    I just finished putting a black fringe on my poncho and will try to get my son to take another picture ( with me wearing it) I love it because it makes it longer but I don't think I would ever have made it in modeling school! Love, redhead/Patty

It's Beautiful Patty!! I bet the fringe looks great too, what a good job you did! They feel sooo good to wear , I got to wear mine for the 1st time out to the dr to pain management and physical therapy. It wasn't very cold but my poncho didn't make me h, so I love it even more for that reason. Very few coat days for me now that I have shawls and poncho with #2 coming up soon, then I plan to do a shrug and a cardigan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, I love the poncho! It looks great on you! I like the length of it too. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Fey View Post
    Patty, I love the poncho! It looks great on you! I like the length of it too. xoxoxo Lynda
    I wore my poncho (with the fringe) to Walmart the other day and there was a Mom and daughter sitting outside. The Mom said they liked my poncho and asked if I sold them...... here's my chance! I replied well I would sell them.... They both ordered one! So now I am busy trying to find time and yarn to make 2 ponchos! The Mom wants one like mine and the daughter wants different colors in hers. That is a problem because I think Walmart is running out of colors. I need variegated colors!!! I only found one of the variegated colors she wanted so I went to Hobby Lobby and they don't sell Red Heart anymore! Joanne Fabrics didn't have the right colors either. The daughter will have to switch colors I think! I have their phone number so I am going to give them a call later today. Wish me luck! Oh! I don't believe in luck but I do believe in God and He will help I know! Love, Patty