Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

help in understand the terminology

HI,
    Is Put 2sc into next 2 stitches the same as 2sc in next 2 stitches.
    The word PUT kind of confuse me.
    Thanks
    as usual appreciate your help
    Vina
    Round 3: sc in next 2 stitches, 2 sc into the next stitch. sc in next 11 stitches. Put 2 sc into the next 2 stitches. sc in the next 2 stitches. Put 2 sc into the next 2 stitches. sc in the next 11 stitches. 2 sc into the next stitch. Sc in next 2 stitches. (40)

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was counting the stitches in row 3 as I was reading it and it does come to 40 stitches. So yes, that means do 2 sc in each of the next two stitches, as you thought. It is worded poorly, in my opinion.

Roe

4. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe,
    Thank you for this prompt response.
    appreciate
    vina

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray for me I did same, counted and actually did some with yarn. Trying to better my daah brain. Thanks Roe YOU R Correct !!

dvina Im glad you had Roe see it 1st as I am allways unsure. I got yarn & needle and tried it. Im getting wise as I am old. Good Luck my dear. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvina View Post
    HI,
    Is Put 2sc into next 2 stitches the same as 2sc in next 2 stitches.
    The word PUT kind of confuse me.
    Thanks
    as usual appreciate your help
    Vina

Round 3: sc in next 2 stitches, 2 sc into the next stitch. sc in next 11 stitches. Put 2 sc into the next 2 stitches. sc in the next 2 stitches. Put 2 sc into the next 2 stitches. sc in the next 11 stitches. 2 sc into the next stitch. Sc in next 2 stitches. (40)
    Yes, 'put' does mean the same with it in as it mean without the word 'put' in! Sometimes I say 'do' in a pattern when it's not really needed, but I try to make thins perfectly clear, and at first writing patterns is a little strange! If you just try to read it as if someone were sitting there telling you what to do that helps a lot. I have a very good piece under crochet tips in my Friday blog about reading symbols in patterns, not abbreviations, but the symbols like: *; and the ( ); and the { }; and the Rep *.*;etc. Check it out! My blog site link is my signature on here if you want to subscribe to it. I always put the blog post in here on Friday as well but I try to get people ot subscribe so I'll know how many readers I have. Soulshine Creations By Susan / SusansSoulShines