Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

After crocheting for 61 years this is my favorite

A member (Davena) asked what my favorite item that I made over the 61 years that I have been crocheting and that was a simple request which turned out to be very difficult. After all the years to come up with one favorite! After consideration it would have to be a pineapple table covering made out of crochet thread with a close second of a queen sized bed spread. Let me see if I can manage to attach a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images After crocheting for 61 years this is my favorite-207586316092626-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, I wish I could do that maybe someday!! Thanks for posting the picture!!! Hugs Winnie

3. Thanks JohnGrey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was bed ridden as a child and was taught crochet as a way to occupy myself while propped up in bed. My aunt taught me how to do the basic stitches AND then she helped me to learn to copy something already crocheted. She did not read English having immigrated from Sweden and learned to mimic or copycat out of necessity. I made this pineapple table cloth from a picture. It may not be an exact copy of the original but good enough to be used.

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes little drummer, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very beautiful. I have not crocheted with thread yet but I hope to learn very soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Your table covering is just beautiful. I, too, would like to learn to crochet thread. One day.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello John, You are one very talented person. I am just blown away by people with your talent, and to be gifted by being able to make something by just looking at a picture, or just winging it, I have done some filet crocheting using the fine crochet thread and steel small hooks, and I did enjoy doing it, but it is a slower process than working with regular yarn and needles. I enjoy looking at all your work of arts you have created and hope you never give up on this beautiful craft you have mastered to do.. and I really hope that anyone who is lucky enough to be gifted one of your heirlooms appreciate all the love and talent you put in each piece..... Keep Hooking John and post lots of wonderful pictures...We all, enjoy you sharing..... Happy Crafting.....Davena

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of work went into this doily. It is beautiful.
    ---HarriEtta

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your work is exquisite. This is an absolutely stunning piece.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    your doily is very pretty. I do mostly filet crochet but I do all other kinds also

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work John! Although I have done some filet crochet, I used Sugar & Cream to do it and so it went quickly. I have also worked a bit with thread crochet, but I usually like to keep those projects small so I am not working on the same project for months. I always have at least 5 or 6 (or 10 or 12!) projects going at the same time because I get too bored working on the same thing all the time, and I like to work at a variety of different yarn types, thread types, and crochet methods at the same time. I'll have 2 or 3 knitting projects, a Tunisian crochet project or two, a thread crochet project, a conventional crochet project or two or three. That way, if I am getting bored with the repetition of one project, I can switch to another completely different type of project. It's all about having fun and making something that you are proud of in the end. It's also all about learning new methods and stitches. We're never too old to learn!
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa