Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

new pic (avatar?)

This is just to see if my new picture is showing on my posts.redhead/Patty

Sorry it didn't work! I forgot how to change the current pic to a different one. Anybody know how to do that?

I tried again and it keeps telling me that the upload failed. It is showing the pic I want in my profile but not on my posts. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know why but it finally worked!!!!! That is the avatar I wanted.!! It still says the upload failed but there I am...just the pic I wanted. That was taken a little earlier in 2014.
    Last edited by redhead; 02-27-2015 at 05:11 PM.

2. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty,

Go to Setting, My Settings, Edit Avatar. This should work for you!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    If that doesn't work (Shelley's post), then contact Barbara. When the Vendor and Merchants forum was started, it seemed to knock out certain uploads, not sure if it would affect avatars but it doesn't hurt to ask. I know when I upload a pic in my file manager, I get a box with a question mark instead of the picture but then the picture shows up in the thread when I post it there. Go figure?

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    If that doesn't work (Shelley's post), then contact Barbara. When the Vendor and Merchants forum was started, it seemed to knock out certain uploads, not sure if it would affect avatars but it doesn't hurt to ask. I know when I upload a pic in my file manager, I get a box with a question mark instead of the picture but then the picture shows up in the thread when I post it there. Go figure?

Roe
    Roe, my File Manager of pics is also a bunch of question marks. Uploading still works, but it's frustrating to not be able to see the actual pics and I'm looking at a question mark instead. Wonder if Barbara G knows about this?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pixieglitter;160533]Roe, my File Manager of pics is also a bunch of question marks. Uploading still works, but it's frustrating to not be able to see the actual pics and I'm looking at a question mark instead. Wonder if Barbara G knows about this?

Shelley[/QUOTE]

She does , I did PM her and she was going to send a note to admin about it but I haven't heard anything yet so they may not have answered her, I agree with you it's frustrating when you can't see the pictures , fortunately I titled each one, so I kind of know which is which. You could probably also let her know to so that they know it's more than one person having the same problem still, she said when they loaded the new forum of vendors and merchants, that's when it seemed to start.

BTW, is your area in Alabama being hit with all that snow that I've been hearing about?

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Roe, yes I'm in North Alabama right on the Tennessee State line. I'm just an hour south of Nashville. And we got slammed with over 8 inches of snow two nights ago. That's a LOT for us and it paralyzes the entire city. Everything shuts down, all the businesses even the grocery stores and all the roads get closed with barricades.

So it's been an awesome few days to do not much of anything except CROCHET! I'm loving it! I've been working on a cute baby afghan for my sister and I'm almost finished with it.

Because I used to live on Long Island (like you!), I learned the importance of cleaning off my car when I can. I immediately dug out a path and brushed all the snow off my car with a broom. They don't even sell snow shovels her LOL. I pulled up my wipers so they wouldn't stick to the windshield. It's clearing up and melting now, so I can go anywhere I want (as long as the roads don't have barricades). I really really want to get out today to get a pedicure. Very important to me. But I don't want anyone to hit my car. They definitely do not know how to drive in snow here. No one seems to know how to slow down and there are tons of car wrecks everywhere.

Have a great day!!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pixieglitter;160547]Hey Roe, yes I'm in North Alabama right on the Tennessee State line. I'm just an hour south of Nashville. And we got slammed with over 8 inches of snow two nights ago. That's a LOT for us and it paralyzes the entire city. Everything shuts down, all the businesses even the grocery stores and all the roads get closed with barricades.

So it's been an awesome few days to do not much of anything except CROCHET! I'm loving it! I've been working on a cute baby afghan for my sister and I'm almost finished with it.

Because I used to live on Long Island (like you!), I learned the importance of cleaning off my car when I can. I immediately dug out a path and brushed all the snow off my car with a broom. They don't even sell snow shovels her LOL. I pulled up my wipers so they wouldn't stick to the windshield. It's clearing up and melting now, so I can go anywhere I want (as long as the roads don't have barricades). I really really want to get out today to get a pedicure. Very important to me. :) But I don't want anyone to hit my car. They definitely do not know how to drive in snow here. No one seems to know how to slow down and there are tons of car wrecks everywhere.

Have a great day!!

Shelley[/QUOTE]

I'm back, was on my cell phone before and now I am nice and comfy inside (was a crazy day). If it is any consolation, Long Islanders can't drive in the snow either. You would not believe what some of them do. They think because they drive an SUV they are invincible (I have an SUV that I inherited after my younger brother died and I still have not driven it in the snow and he passed in 2007), may have a bit more traction in the snow but is the same as any other vehicle on ice. Since I am retired and don't need to drive in it, I just wait (for the few times I do drive) till the roads are clear and the same with parking lots. I clean off both my truck and sidewalks and stoop constantly. My house faces north so the sun only comes up halfway and of course, that part never melts as quickly. When I worked, I used to keep a shovel and extra pair of boots in it, just in case I had to shovel out to get home (and there were times I did). Just be careful and stay safe. Oh and hope you post the baby afghan when you are finished with it.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly, how long have you lived in Alabama? I live in the Northern part of Georgia. Just moved down here a few months ago, we got the tail end of the snow storm you were talking about, Marina got 4 inches and I only got a couple of inches, but I thought I was out of this lousy weather when I moved down here. Big surprise!!!! I wish I had never moved down here. People here are not a bit nice. I am seriously considering moving to Tennessee where I have relatives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Janice, I'm so sorry you're not liking where you live now. That's terrible. Mostly, the people in the south are "obnoxiously friendly" (as my ex-husband used to say LOL he was from NY). What part of Tennessee do you have family? I live 2 miles from the Tennessee State line, just an hour south of Nashville. I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, a wonderful city to live in. I've lived here half my life. When I was growing up, my dad was in the Army and we moved around constantly, I've lived all over the place. I lived here as a teenager and moved back here from California when I was going through my divorce 20 years ago. This is where I wanted my boys to grow up. I wanted them to have a real hometown. And they do!

Shelley