Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

difference bet. corner and center corner

Am doing borders/edging for a square blanket and the pattern uses both corner and center corner
    would someone please tell me what is the difference.
    thanks appreciate.

Rnd 2: ch1, (sc, ch 3, sc) in corner sp, sk next st, (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around working (sc, ch 3, sc, sk 1) in center corner stitches, join with slip stitch to first sc, sl st in ch-3 sp
    Vina

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvina View Post
    Am doing borders/edging for a square blanket and the pattern uses both corner and center corner
    would someone please tell me what is the difference.
    thanks appreciate.

Rnd 2: ch1, (sc, ch 3, sc) in corner sp, sk next st, (sc, ch 3, sk 1) around working (sc, ch 3, sc, sk 1) in center corner stitches, join with slip stitch to first sc, sl st in ch-3 sp
    Vina
    I can't explain things well even when I understand them, but there are 'usually' center corners between reg corners, although it appears that they have the same st sequence here, since after they have you do sc, sc3, sc in corner, they sk the next st, and in the center corner, they do the same thing, sc, ch3, sc, sk 1. The only diff I see is that you must be joining with sl st to first sc, sl st in ch sp after center corners.

Someone else may see it differently , might want to look at other opinions too, but hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    The blanket is just a single square. Do you think the center corner applies only of Granny sq where
    there are many squares.
    someone please confirm.
    Thanks
    appreciate your support

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience corners are usually made of an odd number of stitches or stitches with chains between them. The center corner is generally the center of the group of stitches. Like the center of a group of 5 stitches would be the third stitch. If there is a space of chains that would be the center.

5. Likes Lissacc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Make sense there are 3 chains that link the repeating pattern. Thank you sooo much,
    appreciate.
    vina

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to help,hope it works out for you. imalefty