Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. I'm new to this group, so please allow me to introduce myself. I live in Indiana in the summer & in Florida in the winter. I've been crocheting 50 years & still learning. If I don't have a project on my hook, then it is a bad day. 😉

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning to you, and welcome to the group. How lucky you are to live in Florida during the winters! I live in north Alabama and we're getting 4-6 inches of snow today. It's a good day for me to stay in and crochet LOL. I've been crocheting over 40 years, and I'm still learning, too. I mostly make large afghans, baby blankets, scarves, hats and shawls.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to CrochetTalk! Glad you joined us and looking forward to learning more about you!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink newbie

Thanks for the welcome. I never liked following patterns, so I've always just made them up as I crouched. I'd write instructions down as I went, then at times couldn't read my chicken scratches. haha. Then a friend told me I should enter my designs for possible publication. That made me try to actually write out those patterns I'd scratched out. I did & amazingly had many published. I haven't submitted any more for publication for several years, but initially had at least 30 published. I still have a whole notebook ful I need to tweet & submit. I think I'm just lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Good morning to you, and welcome to the group. How lucky you are to live in Florida during the winters! I live in north Alabama and we're getting 4-6 inches of snow today. It's a good day for me to stay in and crochet LOL. I've been crocheting over 40 years, and I'm still learning, too. I mostly make large afghans, baby blankets, scarves, hats and shawls.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from southeast Michigan

Hello all, My name is Barbara but I like to be called Barb. I am a 65 yr old divorced disabled female who loves to crochet. My grandmother taught me as a kid with thread and small hook. I've not been able to read patterns so I am limited as to what I can crochet. I am still at the beginner stage altho I've crocheted for years. I mainly like afghans and have made a couple of thousand baby afghans and either sold or gave them away. I mainly do the shell stitch for those. I have two going right now.

I live In Michigan near Ann Arbor and U of M. We have two big colleges here near me University of Ann Arbor which produces a lot of doctors. The other big college is Eastern Michigan University where my neice will granduate in the spring from as a art teacher. She also crochetes and does better then her auntie.

I am disabled I was born with cerebral palsey. Due to a fall five years ago I am wheelchair dependant now. I used to walk with cruthes. I was married for 18 yr but divorced now . Wish I could say I have kids of my own but I do not. I do however have step children and step grandkids.

I hope to learn a lot from you Ladies. Take care and have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb and welcome to the group! Even though I've been crocheting for 40+ years, I still like the "easy" patterns. For me, crocheting is a relaxing hobby and I don't like the stress of making a difficult pattern. My sister is hoping to get pregnant again soon, and I've turned into a baby crochet factory LOL, lots of baby blankets and booties.

We're glad you're here!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum crochethaven and Barbara! I am Larisa doily maker. I wish you good health
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly ,

Thanks for the welcome that was nice. I see your in Alabama I hope your not getting snow I heard there was a storm that came through there. We are freezing our behinds off in Michigan I can't wait for the 30's to come back. I'm in a wheelchair full time so I haven't been out to get groceries or anything in 5 wks. I stock up on things so I don't run out too fast.

I make baby afghans with the shell sitch in the back loops its a pretty pattern. I have done it so long I've about forgot where I got the pattern or idea. I bet I've made a couple thousand of them. I would love to find a group of women to get with and learn more but they'd have to come here in winter time and I can't get my wheelchair in houses it has to be a public place.

Hope your sister gets her wish and had babies. I wish that would have happened to me but unfortunately god didn't put that in my plans.

Thanks for the note hope to hear from you again.

Barb

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Larisa,

For the nice welcome . I have never tried doileys and I have problems reading patterns. Thanks for the wish of good health I have been sick but I am well now I have congestive heart failure was in the hosp for 8 days and a rehab for another 5 days. I was thrilled to get home.

I crochet baby afghans with the shell sitch.

Take care,
    Barb