Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

I have just learned about and joined Crochet Talk

My name is Sarah and some say that I am elderly, but I really don't feel that old. Anyway, I really enjoy crocheting and have made so many things. I have a very large family including my adult children and grandchildren. I also have many great grandchildren

I have made purses for wee ones and the older ones too. These were from a free pattern for a beach bag I got at Michaels. It was done with much trial and error, but I was able to condense the pattern down for the wee purses.

I have recently made a slouch hat and a Ninja turtle scarf and now I am crocheting a storage basket for one of my daughters.

I do run into many problems trying to figure out some patterns and, hopefully, now I have a place to go to be able to gety the help that I need.

I am really looking forward to meeting many of you crocheters.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Alabama. You'll find a lot of very kind and helpful people here. Let us know anytime you run into a problem and someone will come to your rescue.

Saying that some people consider you 'elderly' tickled me. I was in the store the other day and the clerk asked me if I wanted a senior discount, for people over 50 (I'm 51). I was so caught off guard and I said NO! That was really stupid of me. I could have saved 10% off my purchase of $80. You can bet next time I'll be asking for it!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to CrochetTalk! Glad you joined us and looking forward to learning more about you!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just a bit abiut me

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello and welcome to CrochetTalk! Glad you joined us and looking forward to learning more about you!
    Thanks so much for the welcome. I will tell you what I can about me. I am 78yrs old and in fairly good health. I do have some health issues, but nothing major at this time, I moved from Delaware down to Florida to live with my youngest daughter, who happens to be a nurse. The weather here is so much better than up north.

I brought my Asher, and I call him "Littlebit" as he is a Chihuahua. He just turned 13 this month and we are growing old together.

I have crocheted for many years and am happy to try to make things that I never did before.

I used to knit many years ago, but had forgotten how. My daughter, Vicki, is teaching me how and I have knitted a few easy projects. Hopefully, I will get better at it. Of course, I prefer crochet because it is so much faster to complete a project and move on to the next.

When I finish the two projects I am working on, I want to learn how to make crochet slippers that look like cold weather boots. I know I will be needing help with that project.

Thanks again for your welcome and I hope I can be a help to some of the newer crocheters.

Have a great day, sarahanurse

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. It is very nice to have you with us. It will be very nice to meet you also

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sarahanurse,
    looking through some old posts and want to add my welcome to you
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-25-2018 at 09:36 AM.