Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Old Vintage Crochet Apron I Bought

I had to share this with y'all. It's an absolutely beautiful old vintage crocheted apron I bought for only $1.00 on eBay. It's made with thread in colors of gold and cream.... Or maybe it was white and it's now cream from aging? It's heavy, maybe a #10 thread? I'll bet it was made in the 1940s or 1950s. Look at the work that went into it....!

I purchased a "lot" of 8 vintage aprons for only $8.00 (with free shipping), some of which were hand embroidered. I hung the rest of them over my kitchen window in place of a window covering or curtain valance. I pinned them to a clothes line with wooden clothes pins and anchored the clothes line cord to a curtain rod. It turned out so cute!

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Old Vintage Crochet Apron I Bought-photo-1-jpg Old Vintage Crochet Apron I Bought-photo-2-jpg Old Vintage Crochet Apron I Bought-photo-3-jpg Old Vintage Crochet Apron I Bought-photo-jpg Old Vintage Crochet Apron I Bought-photo-4-jpg 

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes 3catlady, Nova55, kiti13, Davena, fabiana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, what a fantastic find! There is certainly a lot of work in it for wearing in the kitchen. I would be afraid, these days, of getting marinara sauce on it leaving a permanent stain. And I love the idea of hanging the aprons for curtains. Lucky you to have big windows. My kitchen has just one small one over the sink.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a beautiful crocheted apron. I too would be hesitant to use it because I also would be splashing some sort of tomato sauce on it (do that now, LOL). The idea of using the vintage aprons as curtains is a great idea. I once used hand woven linen towels (woven in Italy by my moms' family) as curtains in my bedroom before I went more contemporary and had verticals installed. Isn't it so cool to use items in a totally different way than they were intended? Just makes it so different and cool.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, what a great purchase!!! You are toooooo clever to put the vintage aprons on your window! I just love that. I love vintage anything! Lol tea towels, aprons, pot holders, salt and peppers you name it maybe bc when all of that was the rage I was too young to buy what I liked. Thank you for sharing the pic sure put a smile on my face :-) love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    What a delightful find, and in such incredibly good condition. I'd think you are right on with a date of the early 1950's. Coat's and Clark put out a number of lacy crochet apron aprons ... and ... as you've also guessed ... using No 10 Knit-Cro-Sheen.
    Preserving History One Pattern at a Time
    Vintage Knit Crochet Pattern Shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely find & aprons for curtains.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always on Ebay. I collect aprons. Dang, girl! You beat me to it! Very pretty aprons.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    What a jackpot find...and in great condition....enjoy ..... Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    How neat!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shellie a gal to find the finest. Great buy and Love those Curtains. Susan2014