Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

2 of My Latest Projects

Hi Everyone,
    These are 2 of my latest projects. The first is a filet crochet Butterfly throw which was a gift to a friend. The second is a lapghan that I have now made 3 of to fill orders. The pattern is called Abstract Cats. It is super easy and I try to only use colors that I have actually seen cats in. You know, no pink or purple cats! Also, due to all the frequent color changes, there are a million (slight exaggeration) ends to weave in. So I got the idea of putting random color tassels down the side and incorporating the loose ends into the tassels so they don't need to be woven in. Of course it takes about 2 hours to do that many tassels! But I would rather do tassels than weave ends in! Hope you like them.
    Mark (trueblue2007)
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 of My Latest Projects-100media_imag0300-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-100media_imag0299-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-100media_imag0297-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-100media_imag0303-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-100media_imag0301-jpg 
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes Ladyella, Judi Gums, 3catlady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful♥. It's nice to see something new and well done.

4. Thanks trueblue2007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You did a fantastic job on both projects! Great work, you're very talented.

Shelley

6. Thanks trueblue2007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mark, have you ever tried the Russian Join when changing colors? It's a way to join your colors without having tails. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty simple.

Shelley

8. Thanks trueblue2007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley,
    No, although I have seen it on Pinterest and I have watched the video on how to do it, it looks to me as though it would be more trouble than it is worth if you have a lot of yarn and color changes happening. I'm sure I will try it sometime though, just because I make an effort to try just about anything new that I find out about.

I am attaching a few squares that I am working for a couple of afghans that I am making. The gold/green/and pumpkin squares are going to be the border around one afghan for a friend who survived cancer last year. (Notice the one in the bottom right corner has heart-shaped corners and all but one along the edge - this was my own variation. I left one edge to show the difference.) The pink/and burgundy squares are going to be used to form the entire afghan that I am making for my sister. They both use a pattern that I have seen by several names - Wooleater, Catherine's Wheel, and the Bavarian Square. They all seem to use the same basic stitches and pattern, though there are many variations as well. Everyone who I have shown them to seems to love them. You can also just keep working out from the center and grow it into a large square afghan - just as you can with any Classic Granny Square afghan. I used that method to make a cushion cover for my mom's walker cushion, which I may post sometime in the future. The gold/green/& pumpkin squares are 6" squares done using Vanna's Choice yarn while the pink & burgundy squares are 8" squares done using Caron Simply Soft yarn.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 of My Latest Projects-shelleys-afghan-squares-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-shelleys-afghan-square-2-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-shelleys-afghan-square-1-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-rays-afghan-squares-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-rays-afghan-square-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-rays-afghan-square-2-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-rays-afghan-square-2-jpg 2 of My Latest Projects-rays-afghan-square-heart-variation-jpg 
    Last edited by trueblue2007; 02-23-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to give information about the squares
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Love your squares I hope you will be able to put a picture on of the afghans when you are finished I know they are going to be terrific!!!! Hugs Winnie

11. Thanks trueblue2007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work and the colors work well together. Ladyella

13. Thanks trueblue2007 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Winnie. Hahaha, you know it won't be too soon, right? Actually, the gold/green/pumpkin one is much closer and I'll probably be finished with that one within the next couple of months, but the pink/burgundy one is a long way from being finished. But I promise, I will post photos of each of them when they are done.
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ladyella. Both of the people I am making them for gave me color ideas, but the ultimate decision was made by me when I purchased the yarn. They were both very pleased when I showed them though. They can't wait to get them.
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    You do gorgeous work! It's going to make a beautiful afghan!

I agree with you regarding the Russian Join. I haven't tried it, yet, either.

Shelley